Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can you burn THC?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by nomirran, Aug 11, 2009.

1. wondering cause a couple friends and i made some oil today.

1. ground up herb in coffee grinder about 7.5g, super super shake
    2. placed in pot with around 1/2 cup canola oil
    3. never allowed to go above a simmer (light bubbles)
    4. after about 25 minutes, and constant stiring, it looked as if the actual plant material was burning, as smoke was coming off. (i know that oil has a "smoke point" but this looked more like by-product from the plant material, and i dont think that we got the oil to the canola smoke point temp using the low-mid heat on an electric stove)
    5. when we went to strain it, oil was extremely dark golden brown, with a lot of burnt plant material (very small black gunk)
    6 strained thru a coffee filter, tasted a small amount and it was alright, didnt taste bad
    7. proceeded to make brownies
    8. they look like they are supposed to

any ideas?

2. 95% sure you can't smoke that oil. Isn't all of the oil in the brownies anyway?

Look into BHO if you want to smoke some potent oil.

Enjoy the brownies though man.

Edit: sorry misunderstood. The brownies will be fine. And yes THC does vaporize at a certain temperature but thats around 385 degrees ( i believe )

3. ya, actually i was wondering if i might have burnt the oil in the pan, or destroyed the THC in the oil creation process, because of the black aftermass of the leftover bud.

when with THC break down due to heat? and is a light simmer with canola oil too much heat for it to have handled? does anyone have experience with this particular area that might be able to offer some insight?

thanks

4. bumpilicious

5. i made oil once with trimmings and the same thing happened.

oil tasted like shit, but it got you rather high. :D

6. I think you didnt burnt THC and everything will be fine ;)
    [​IMG]

7. just try it. if u dont feel anything after an hr or 2, then u know u did something wrong and then know what to do differently

if u do feel something, :hippie:ENJOY YOURSELF!:hippie:

just keep thinking it will work.
    Placibo effect b4 it hits u can b fun :smoke:

8. THC will combust but it takes a Bic lighter a few seconds of direct contact to get it going.

9. Congratulations on replying to an 8 year old thread.
    WTH do you people find this old shit and does nobody look at the last posting date ?
    BNW

• Funny Funny x 2

10. Because they're Billy's it's what they do man:confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. I post in a lot of sites and hands down the most cynical and snotty responses come from grasscity lolz! When I see an email that a response has happened from a forum and it is grasscity I groan sort of because this crowd sort of stands out that way but its all part of the fun, right? I appreciate your opinion.

I hope my continued participation brings you no further grief.

12. No grief just amusing.
    We do get a bit cynical after enough time.

sent from my spaceship in orbit around Omicron Persei 8

13. I've learned a lot by reading old stuff that has been tried and proven or not that it works.