Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can you believe this?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Hit That Shit, Mar 14, 2007.

1. thats sick. How are you going to do that to someone with a brain tumor and scolliosis...

2. It's ridiculous how people trying to ease their pain can be called criminals, even without hurting anyone else. It's for the good of the persons health and the government does not seem to acknowledge that.

3. yeah thats some bullshit. Its really sad that lawyers and judges are saying how sick people should be treated instead of qualified doctors. I've had the honor of meeting this lady, she's such a nice sweet lady and it so obvious she isnt some criminal like the federal government would like to label her as.

4. Easily, the judge follows the law. Dont be mad at the judge, he is forced to follow the law. Get mad at the law makers. Im all for the med movement, Ive got my reccomendation and everything but Id like to say that Angel Raich is not doing us any favors. Shes just so opinionated and annoying that it pisses the feds off even more. I live in the bay and Ive seen her give around 10 interviews on television, and everytime her attitude has been bad. She acts like a preacher or something.

With that said, I hope this goes to the supreme court where she wins and is then cured of all of her ailments through some sort of miracle. Nobody deserves the illness and legal issues that she has dealt with.

5. That's some bullshit, wasn't she the one who was on that episode of Montel??? As much as I am grateful for our freedoms here in the U.S. im sick and tired of our bullshit laws and corrupt ass government. She told them she would keep using it, good for her, fuck them assholes, i would love to see those guys suffering what she does and see how they view marijuana. Just my 2 cents, peace

6. Angel Raich isn't hurting our case at all. She is one of the most prominent and influence medical marijuana activists in america if not the world. You say she has a bad attitude towards the feds and the laws but what the hell do you expect, they rather see her suffer and die then use a medicine doctors agree saves her life. Would you rather her just give in and die, maybe say "oh your such a nice person for wanted me to die, lets all be friends". Fuck that shit. Shes opionated cause her life and her familes life is on the line here, she isnt a criminal nor has she ever been and its so obvious marijuana helps her.

I totally respect your opionon because everyone is entitled to one but I think you are dead wrong in saying she isn't helping our cause at all. Shes the one putting medical marijuana in the national spotlight and shes the one getting cases brought all the way to the supreme court so thousands of other sick people dont have to go through what she is going through. What have you done ?

7. I never claimed to have done anything. Im just saying that I would prefer a person that didnt come off as so bitter to represent the movement. People dont seem to be responding to her particularly well outside of the marijuana community. And I dont know why your acting like I said she should lay down and die, that something your making up in your own head. Im not mad at her for going to court or smoking pot, I just wish she was more relatable to the general public. And they can go ahead and take all the cases to the supreme court they want, its plain as day that its illegal on the fed level. What we need is some legislation. Id say the best possible outcome is that the democrat controlled congress will feel sorry for her and try to pass a bill which hopefully will be delayed until 2008 when hopefully Obama wins president (seeing as he is the most marijuana friendly legitimate contender) and then the bill can have a serious chance at becoming law.

8. going to the supreme court isnt about weither its illegal or not, we know its illegal. Its about weither or not someone can break the law if breaking the law allows them to not die. I think its a very valid arguement. You arent allowed to murder people but if you shoot someone who pulls a gun on you its perfectly legal cause you are breaking a law to ensure you stay alive.

I think the average american can understand why she is bitter, shes bitter because the government is telling her theyd rather throw her in prison so she can die then allow her to take a medication that keeps her alive. Also I just want to point out that she isnt a bitter person, ive meet her before and shes one of the kindest people i know. Shes just frustrated that in such a great country like america theyd rather let her die than live, thats all and I think most people can understand that.

9. Wouldnt you be a little bitter if you had a brain tumor and scolliosis and no one would help you, the law is against you, and you've got 2 kids to feed ?

10. Im not saying she doesnt have the right to be bitter. Im just saying I wish she wasnt. I would probably be outright hostile or violent in a situation like this. Thats why I know I wouldnt make a very good mouthpiece for this type of thing. And Im sure she is friendly in real life, most people are. It would be nice if that translated more efficiently to the media. If she has a legit chance at winning on some sort of self defense type of arguement then I hope she wins. Just her life story is proof enough that pot helps people. The first time I saw her on the news was years ago during the first case and the doctors were saying that she would probably die before she made it to court. The average non pot smoker would have died a long time ago, and she still looks healthy (in the relative sense).