Can You Be a Pro-Gunrights Democrat?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Herbiv0r, Jan 15, 2012.

1. #1 Herbiv0r, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2012
    Or is fear of everything that moves a prerequisite?

edit: People seem to be getting confused. If you favor any regulations (probably other than felonies, but even then would kind of suck to forbid someone from owning a gun simply because they had too much weed on them at one time for example..) then you are pro-gun regulations and view gun ownership as more of a privilege and not a right. A few in this thread already guilty of this,,. Proving my point... :rolleyes:

2. #2 Brenjin, Jan 15, 2012
    quit seeing things as democrat and republican

it just causes problems

3. Okay.

Can you be a pro-gun rights leftist? :confused_2:

4. Of course. If you base your beliefs on preset positions, you're an idiot.

5. you can be anything you want.

of course

6. But would it be self-defeating?

7. If the gun's pointed at you.

8. I don't think you or anyone else in this thread understands. Fuck it. Let it die.

9. #9 flammzrant, Jan 16, 2012
    Do you think every leftist is the same? And every rightist is the same?
    Be who you are. What you register as means nothing. There aren't labels for everybody.

10. But only leftists seem to restrict gun rights. I believe everyone has a right to fend for themselves, even with "Assault rifles" if that's what they deem necessary. How come inorder to be a leftist, really anywhere in the world, it seems even if you're pro-gun rights you have to sell your soul just a little bit and settle for politicians who are pro-gun regulations?

11. It's not your fault.

12. Wow herbivor you support gun rights?

13. i was under the impression gun politics are mostly a partisan issue in the US due to interpretations of the constitution

of course back then, most firearms & ammunition were stored in a town's local arsenal in the case of an hostile indian invasion

14. Hell yeah. See that's what I'm saying. Why is it so uncommon for leftists to be pro-gun rights that when one admits to holding that position people are shocked? Are most leftists just fearful in general and the weaker/inferior portion of this species? Let's get to the bottom of this!

15. Why is it uncommon for women to be born with tails?

16. Correlation doesn't always equal causation, but sometimes it does while other times it may not be the absolute cause but still a contributing factor. Now go away please, you're contaminating the thought pool.

17. Well the molecular structure of female DNA......... :smoke:

18. [quote name='Herbiv0r']But only leftists seem to restrict gun rights. QUOTE]

this...

19. My rhetorical question wasn't meaningless.
    I think you're generalizing too much.
    People follow thought patterns.

20. And politicians follow the tune of their own drummer.

Self-preservation is key.

Do you get it?