Can weight gainer mess with my metabolism?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by DutchR7, Aug 8, 2009.

1. #1 DutchR7, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
    I'm a naturally skinny guy, and my quest to gain weight/muscle has been a tough one I recently turned to weight gainer (GNC pro performance brand) which gives 2200 calories and 74 grams of protein in one serving. Now i'm not getting all of that, because one serving is a ridiculous amount -- there are 5 servings in the HUGE container. I take 3/4 of a scoop (more like a shovel), whereas one serving is 3 scoops.

Anyway, my dad said he knew a guy in college that had the same problem as me and got some weight gainer (didn't even know they had weight gainer back then) like I did. He was on it for 3 weeks and then stopped. Since then he has struggled with his weight and has a very hard time losing weight. He is now in his fifties, and he is very fat.

In a way, I kind of enjoy having an extremely fast metabolism. I can eat whatever I want and end up losing weight. But the problem lies in the fact that I want to gain some muscle, which is next to impossible for someone with my metabolism. So i'm just wondering if anyone has any information on how weight gainer can affect metabolism.

Thanks for any help. By the way, this is the stuff I got.

2. If you increase your muscle mass then you will increase you metabolism. If you wanna bulk up and are having trouble gaining weight this might work. I had a Russian professor tell me about this body builder in Russia he knew of; and apparently he would work out in under 30 minutes. The approach this guy used was, do the heaviest weight you can, every set, you should not be able to do more than 3 reps in one set.

So for instance you can still do the same amount of sets you do know, just do a heavy enough weight where you can only do 3 reps. Plus when you do weight training with more moderate weights it tends to increase your metabolism because you are using O2.

3. It can but not in the way it affected your dads friend. The only change you will see is an increase in metabolism. If you drink that shit and don't work out it will be like eating cookies and you will gain fat which equals slower metabolism.