Can weed prevent suicidal thoughts?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Smokesignals420, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Has anyone here had their life saved from self-harm because of the plant?

2. This is a slippery slope. I suffer from PTSD and often find myself in a very dark place emotionally. While I’ve found relief from some sativa cultivars, it’s easy to cross over a threshold to anxiety that can be equally uncomfortable as depression. Conversely, over indulging in heavy indica strains has induced some of the worst bouts of depression I’ve ever experienced.

I believe cannabis can definitely be advantageous in treatment of emotional imbalances but if you’ve reached the point of ideations of harming yourself, I would seek professional guidance rather than resorting to self medication initially.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Damn dude
    Wrapped it up like a pro.
    Totally agree

If anything, use it to your advantage but don't let it take you over.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I think how it helps people is this. You know how when you get high and you can't remember what you were just about to tell someone that seemed kind of important or... you lose your keys that you just have seconds earlier?

Well, from what I understand, people who obsess about a particular traumatic event or failure find that when they have a puff or edible, it makes the brain not stick to any one thought for too long. It forces you to get out of your head and more in to the present of what's happening at that moment. It's just the nature of cannabis but it works to your advantage when you suffer from this kind of thing. It gives your mind a rest from it all.