Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can weed make you motion sick/nauseous?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RainbowHappines, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Usually, it helps with nausea with me, but last night the wife and I were vaporising and it hit me hard and quick right off the bat. But after two bowls we decided to call it quits and that's when I got real sick. I usually like the spinning feeling but last night it was bad. The best way to describe it was motion sick. I nearly threw up twice. So I called it a night and went to bed. Crazy dreams followed but Im ok today.

2. its rare that I feel sick after I smoke, but I definately agree that start low and work your way up. Last night actually I got really, really drunk and decided it would be a great idea to take 3 monster bong rips even though in the past month I've only smoked like a gram. My whole body just went numb got that crazy spinny vision and I started puking like crazy, im sure the booze played a big part in that but also it didnt help the fact that I was watchin some weird ass creepy movie. the few times that I've been that high before it always helps to be doing something up-beat. horror/suspense/fucked up movies or heavy music really freaks me out but within seconds of popping in some Grateful Dead or watching Super Troopers or something really funny and its a crazy good time. I find its not a good idea to get really drunk and smoke at all, if anything smoke alot and drink just a little otherwise youll end up being higher than you want

sorry if that didnt make too much sense, im a bit toasted myself right now :D

3. When I used to be not as exposed to the herb, I'd take a hit and feel so sick and maybe even throw up. Now I don't even have that problem. But motion sickness, no. I don't have that problem.

4. This just started happening to me I think.
    a few days ago my friend gave me 4 xanax bars and then another 3 before he left town. Now ( or at least the last 2 days) when I smoke I get really sick and want to pass out.

would it be possible for the xans to still be my blood?

I don't take xanax.
    I've been smoking cannabis a good while I would guess?

5. I took a lot of Tylenol yesterday, and motion sickness made me feel like i was going to hurl every where after I smoked. Could it be the Tylenol? I smoked more than I usually do, but I've been smoking every day the past month and a half. I fell a sleep after 30 minutes, and pretty much wasted my high :( could the Tylenol fuck with me if I smoke?

6. It's definitely not psychological. I had two friends shotgun me while I was sleeping, forgetting my reaction to it. When i woke from sleeping I told my friends i didn't feel great. I got half way home before I pulled over and was throwing up on the highway with cars whirring past me. I had to call my friends for help, because I was shaking and violently vomiting. Mid sentence, the one remembered that i told him I almost ended up in the ER twice before. He admitted what they had done AFTER I was already exorcist puking out of my car door.

I took ONE hit every one of the times someone had convinced me to give it another shot. Try it a different way! Everytime, within minutes I was spinning and completely pale.

Edibles caused my face to feel like it was bitten by fire ants on top of the nausea.

A chronically ill friend insisted her medical marijuana would not do that to me. One puff. I felt high for the first time ever....and thought, okay...this is what must work for me. Cool! And then I slumped in my tube. My friends were so high, they had no clue that i had started throwing up. I kept trying to lift myself back to a normal position in my tube, but couldn't. I was fuckin stuck, and choking on river water. Ruined a perfectly good river float, and I could have drowned. That was my last high.

Nearly everyone I know smokes, and i'm totally cool with it... I just know that I can't. I personally know at least 5 other people who react the same way.

It's a REALLY good thing for most, but there ARE instances where someone just can't have it. I really wanted to experience the good part of it, but no matter how or what kind, it was the same miserable result.

7. Must Be really Good
    This is a 10 yr old thread

8. Lucky you did not drown, some folks can not handle MJ
    its not for everyone, and who ever shot-guned you while asleep was an ass.

9. No shit.

Doesn't change the fact that people can still search the subject and read it.

10. I’m on the couch right now nursing the spins from an edible. Can’t sleep because of it

11. I don't know what's going on lately but I've been getting nauseous to the point of vomiting a few hours after smoking. It's the same nauseous I get when I stop smoking, and that usually lasts like two days, this been going on for a few weeks now.

I been smoking on and off for 20 years. I been smoking daily for 5 or 6 with some breaks in there. It wasn't that particular weed itself cuz I've had it happen with 3 different kinds. Nothing else has changed. I smoke the same amount in the same manner. It's not psychological, I been smoking for way too long for that to be the case. I don't get it, the shit sucks. I'ma have to take another break and reset myself or something. I don't know.

12. Do you smoke cigarettes as well? This is a common symptom of cutting back on nicotine and carcs.

weed can definitely cause nausea from motion sickness. Especially if you've overdone it a bit. Usually people get rid of this by doing activities that take mental energy like video games, or anything engaging.

13. Yep when my stomach is empty or when I'm tired