Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can weed make you motion sick/nauseous?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by RainbowHappines, Sep 15, 2008.

1. I visited back home after moving out east (basically across the country) to SO Cali. I tried mj for the first time and smoked it while I was there. However, they don't get very good stuff back home. I went out to the beach here and got a g and smoking a bowl of that stuff gets me fuck high, but it makes me so high EVERYTHING makes me dizzy. Taste, sound, feeling.. it's really weird.
    It wouldn't be as bad but I have a very sensitive stomach and I get nauseous because of it. Is this normal for a noob (who probably has 0 tolorance)? Will it continue? What do you think?

Just one of many questions.
    Thanks for the patience and answers/comments/concerns, you guys!

2. That used to happen to me in the beginning when i smoked more than i could handle. Everything felt like it was moving and i felt like i was on an insanely nauseous rollercoaster ride. Sometimes i still get the rollercoaster feeling when i close my eyes after getting really high, but now i find that so much fun. Just eat before you smoke. Since you have a low tolerance just don't smoke so much at first and it'll be more enjoyable. Overtime it'll increase. Take it slow.

3. lol, speak for yourself about the crappy eastern weed... i live in the northeast and ive had stuff that rocks your socks.:p but anyhow just like jasmine said its just the high grade weed your smoking. just eat something and youll be fine:smoke:

4. Cannabis effects everyone differently, but what you describe isn't unusual for someone who is just starting. Try only taking a hit or two instead of a whole bowl. Work up slowly if you're sensitive to it.

5. You do realize weed is used medically now to prevent nausea?
    So what ever it is, isnt related to the weed.

Unless you got crappy weed and your lungs make you feel sick because of lack of oxygen, its not the weeds fault:hello:

6. i can see how youd be nausiouse if you swallowed the smoke and yes the effects will probably go away in time after a while smoking weed becomes a whole differnt thing

7. I smoke weed all the time, and I've been smoking it for years. It never made me feel anything but high. But oh my god, last night my friend and I smoked out of his bong. It was the same weed we had smoked the other day, so it wasnt the weed. But I took one bong hit and it was fine, but then I took an ENORMOUS one. Like I forgot to stop inhaling/pull away and it hit me immediately when usually it takes me a while for it to kick in. It made me feel EXACTLY the way you just described. I didn't want to move because every time I did, it hurt. Everything I saw, heard, smelled, or felt hurt. I was so motion sick. My head and stomach felt like they were going to explode when I hadn't eaten much at all. I seriously thought I was OD'ing on pot. It was the worst. I'm pretty sure its just because I smoked so much of it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Its all psychological. I used to think my self into it all the time. In my experience the nausea came when i was just setting down, so i started moving when I got that feeling. The best cure is to just take a walk and clear your mind.

9. Either you just got REALLY baked or you got something I call ganja fever. I've seen people with tons of experience and a sky high tolerance get it, as have I, and it's not fun. When I got it I was exhausted, nauseous and I couldn't really even stand up.

I think it happens when bud reacts negatively with a medication you're taking.

10. Stonned_Alone19, there is NO WAY that was psychological. Absolutely no way. I have no doubt that you've experience psychological nausea, but you obviously haven't felt what I felt last night. It was so fucked up, I could barely function.

But yeah, I would say I got the ganja fever or whatever, but I don't take any other medication, so your definition of it doesn't really work for me. I have no idea. All I know is I smoked way too much and it made me feel like hell. It most likely has something to do with the huge bong hit because I looked on another site that was answering this question and found this:

"yes if you smoke a lot it can make u puke and its bad too the spins are worse then alchol ... if you dont smoke often be very carful with hard hitting bongs or such"

and another site had this:

"The 'spinning' is a property of the weed. The term "P.O.D." (commonly "Pot OverDose", or "Past OverDose") defines the point where you are unable to stand or even open your eyes. The world around you is simply spinning too ridiculously and your eyelids feel like they're 90 lbs. You will learn to control this over time and as your tolerance grows. If you are hitting this "P.O.D." point too often, you're simply smoking too much for your level of tolerance."

So pretty much, yeah, pot can make you sick. I didn't know it until I experienced it firsthand and then researched it online.

11. Weed can make you anything you want. If you smoke enough of it. :smoking:

12. Sorry to hear it, if anything cannabis eases my stomach when Im nauseous. Try it again, but just take a small hit this time.

13. ya try it again. i had a freaky time when i first got high, but i got over it and learned to enjoy pot.

14. Yea that sounds like a personal nausea problem, because most medical smokers smoke because the effects it has against nausea. Only time I've puked off smoking was if I had drank too many and was hitting a roach and it killed my throat.

15. if anything it helps me with that

16. I didn't mean it was purely psychological but thinking about it makes it worse.

17. ive been smoking for a while and i blaze everyday. ive been feeling a lil dizzy after smoking shwag all week. evan when im sober. i think my equilibrium is off now because of smoking too much pot

18. Yeah. I smoked some shit yesterday, and it had me literally leaning. Lol. I was actually leaning in place, and feeling like everything was moving. I took a 2 or 3hr. nap, and ate some pizza soon after waking up; trust me --I felt 10x better. I'm still kinda fucked up. But yeah. :D

19. Enough said. No more stupid arguments about what weed can and cannot do.

20. Coughing may upset your stomach, but weed in itself is not a cause of nausea. In fact, it is used to treat nausea in chemotherapy patients quite often.