Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can weed make eyes red permanently?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by DarkSideoftheMe, May 24, 2012.

1. with my pot usage I've had a red vein that has stuck around for months. Recently got off a 2 month tolerance break. In the past week I smoked thursday twice, friday, saturday, and monday usually have a bowl at each sesh. Most of those times my eyes got red as the devils dick. I've seen new veins emerge and stay red. Its nowhere near as red as when I'm high, but noticeably more than before. My sleep quality is okay but not great and I stay hydrated well..

Does smoking pot cause your eyes to get slightly more red over time? and how can I prevent it for long-term?

2. I had a permanent red vein for a week, but never more than that.

3. I wanna hear others' input on this. Here's my two cents.

If I don't use eye drops (which I do most of the time because I like how they feel) my eyes get super red. And I used to smoke almost daily. I haven't smoked in 49 weeks and my eyes are crystal clear.

4. Isn't that like... temporary and not permanent then? Hahaha

5. Hahahah, yes, yes it is. Perhaps it's time to put the pipe away :smoke:

6. #6 weeklan, May 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
    Actually I was thinking about this myself, but in the opposite direction.

Has this happened to anybody else? Lemme explain: I can sleep well enough with or without weed. But when I sleep without smoking much weed recently, my eyes don't look as healthy/white when I wake up... compared to times when I get stoned, eyes proper red, and then waking up the next day and my eyes/face just look so refreshed and healthy.

Is this just me? Haha, the red-eye effect eventually makes my eyes more whiter and healthier looking. Thank you sweet sensi!

7. My eyes naturally will get more red than most of my friends when smoking, so I guess the residual redness in my eyes stay longer than normal. usually the morning after my eyes will be mostly clear with a subtle hint of redness that disappears throughout the next day. I don't know if its genetic, but its happened to my dad. After coming home from work today I saw his eyes and they were bloodshot for no apparent reason, sometimes they're just like that.

I just hope I don't end up with permanent bloodshot eyes by age 40 :rolleyes: