Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can weed help alcoholics?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Sinnerman, Mar 16, 2017.

1. I'm dealing with an alcoholic in the family. I don't think he has ever tried weed. He is going through a bad binge right now... do you think weed can help him?

Thanks

2. Well, I guess it depends on how he enjoys the high of the weed. Can't hurt to try?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ill tell you one thing. Thc was saved my life during drug withdrawals so yeah. I am almost positive it will help him if he decides to stop but who knows. Alcohol withdrawal could be deadly so i would do it under doctor advice.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think it will be up to him to really want to do it. When one has that "pull' to drink, it's pretty hard to satisfy it with another substance that gives an entirely different kind of buzz. But if he feels like he's hitting rock bottom and he wants to make a change, I think it may work.