Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can weed give you a sore throat?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mtbandmetal, Apr 28, 2009.

1. #1 mtbandmetal, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    i am pretty new to smoking and i smoke with some friends on 420 and i've had a sore throat ever since then. longest worst sore throat of my life. i've heard that it can give you sore throats and i've heard it can't. which is true?

I smoked out of a big bong with ice and my friends weren't sick so i didn't get it from them. i feel 100% fine except for my throat, no coughing or anything. i don't get it.

2. I'm sure you got it from one of your friends (assuming you're sharing a piece/blunt). Ask them if any of them had sore throat before smoking.

3. #3 BrizzlyBear, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
    You might have inhaled really hot smoke, or maybe you're just getting sick?

4. Well I bet you were getting sick before or where smoking outside when it was cold or windy

5. if your smoking alot of blunt papers or anything like that usually can cause throat irritation:confused:

6. [ur smoking contaminated bud then if u gettin sore throat...sand or mayb glass beads..dnt smke no mur of dat bud n get sum goodz nx tym

7. swine flu mayn from them mexican buds

8. Oh no! Swine flew alert, you must stay home and smoke a lot more marijuana.

I don't get sore throats from smoking cannabis. However if you smoke hot smoke often you can burn the hair inside of your windpipe which might make your throat sore?

9. This long after 420, it has to be something completely un related to weed

10. You might have bronchitis but its probably not from the weed, The only sore throat that I've ever had that lasted for more than a few days was when I got bronchitis. If your weezing and coughing alot and its painful to cough then it is probably bronchitis which was probably passed to you from one of the other smokers, I'm sure GC is full of medical geniuses but you should probably go see a doctor.

11. Did this make anyone else laugh or is it just me? :rolleyes:

12. u sound like a newbee 2 smokin lolz
    chill pick up sum mur of dat if u wnt lolz
    u smokin grass n shit lolz while mesmokin on d real erbz
    1 toke hit shit trus me 247 365

13. i dnt think you can i think its just a coincidence

14. Troll.

Yes, you can get a sore throat from smoking weed. Unless you start a fever, I wouldn't worry about the swine flu.

Elend.

15. Actually whenever i have a sore throat weed helps me out,
    if you have a sore throat, then you will be followed by a fever and a cold, because you must have blazed with some idiot that didnt say they were sick, and btw weed weakens your immune system so yeah you gettin sick. heck might even be the swine flu

16. I've been dealing with the same thing. Ever since 420 I've had a sore throat and have been feeling kinda sick. A few colds and flus are going around right now so you were probably already getting sick, and then smoking just irritated your throat a little also.

17. nah i lolled too.

18. smoking way to much including cigs and not brushing will give you a sore throat. Hot smoke like some one said. Harsh bud that was not cured right. Some one else you where sharing the pipe or what ever with had a cold. I'm sure you just smoked heavliy for 420 and your throat is tired lol

19. I got one when I would smoke blunts everyday. Pretty sure it was the blunt paper that fucked up my throat.

20. Yes. The first few times you toke will make your throat sore for a few days. :-\