Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can weed cause permanent sleep problems?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by AustinPashaw, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Okay as some of you know I tried to quit smoking pot last week so I could go on a t-break. I had trouble sleeping the nights I didn't have weed. On Thursday I smoked but still had trouble with it and it still has continued even though ive been smoking. Is this permanent? I haven't smoked as much as I used to before I took my break. Any body else had this problem? Help please?

BTW I started another T-break today but im not going to smoke until sometime in Dec.

2. No it's temporary. Cannabis increases melatonin levels in your body by up to 2000% (what makes you sleep) so once you quit and your levels go back to normal it does make it harder than normal to sleep.

3. But I started smoking again and still had the sleeping effects. Why?

4. did you smoke at night and fall asleep while still high, or still kinda high?

if so youre probably just used to the ease of falling asleep high

5. Well Ive been smoking for a while and I never really got high...but I would smoke around bed time but I did that last night and It didnt help.

6. do you mean never got high at all ever?

7. wut

how long have you been smoking?

8. I get a little high. Like a month straight but I smoked good weed and I smoked a lot of it.

9. hit 2 bowls before bed and watch sports center. Works better than hot milk

10. So you've smoked weed and never been high? Man come smoke with me some time.

11. Oh sorry I was confused. I've been high before but i built up a tolerance and thats the reason i didnt get high. Haha sorry if i confused you.

12. its all good man, i was shocked for a sec though:cool:

id say just buy some good bud and get super baked. that might not help your situation in particular, but it should be awesome :smoke:

13. The weed I smoke is good weed trust me lol...I just wanna beable to go back to sleep easier.

14. hmm maybe just try going to bed earlier? but read a book or something, just laying in bed will probably make you antsy. after reading a book in bed for a while i get real tired

15. #16 SassyMelassy, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2010
    Honestly, I have an Rx... Not even weed can put me out anymore.
    Then again, I have pretty unhealthy sleep habits...

16. Just get fucking drunk off your ass, I guarantee your sleep problems will be fixed.

17. OP, buy some melatonin pills. That will keep you in your normal sleeping patterns. You can wean yourself off of melatonin as your body readjusts itself.

18. I support that.

19. Getting drunk or using melatonin pills is not the way to go. Just ride it out for a few days. I just now started a t break after smoking for about 3 months 5 times a day. I get nightsweats and it is hard to fall asleep, but it always goes away after the first week. Just watch TV until you fall asleep.