Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can weed cause irritability?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by List100things, Jun 18, 2018.

1. my boyfriend smokes a lot of weed- he vapes medical grade and eats rx candy. He does it all day. Lately I’ve noticed there are two versions of him. One is the normal guy I fell in love with and the other is irritable, grumpy, short, and doesn’t talk very nicely to me. Can this have something to do with his extremely high level of weed every day?
    Thanks!

2. I'm afraid it's worse than that. The irritable grumpy person just wants to be left alone, perhaps because of all the weed but maybe not. You're not going to get him to stop so protect yourself and move on. Give him the option to stop but he won't take it. I'm frequently wrong.

3. Damn, smoking weed made him short?
    That's crazy
    No but seriously he's more weed than boyfriend now. I know because I am more weed than person, too.

4. Maybe you can join him and y'all can be irritable, grumpy, short, and not talk nice to each other together.
    perhaps it'll shock him back to normality it's worth a tryHigh. <-- lol

5. I’ve been in this situation before but it was me that was being mean. Sometimes when I smoke sativas I’m so in my head and moving quickly that I don’t take others feelings into consideration.

6. thanks everyone for thoughtful responses. I don’t know what to do. We are supposed to get married but this issue is making me question everything I don’t and never have smoked as much as frequently as he does so I had no idea if this could be the reason why he gets this way.

7. Try talking to him and explain you've noticed changes in his mood and see what's up. It could be stress or something completely non related to the weed. Communication is key in any relationship. I sometimes get irritable with weed but usually there's something else going on as well that's causing extra stress or anxiety.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  8. Thank you so much. That’s exactly what I needed!

9. Anytime. You mentioned you guys are getting married? I'm not sure how soon the wedding is, but is it possible he's stressing over that? Almost every single friend/family member that I know that's gotten married has stressed over it in some way (regardless if they smoke weed or not), whether it's over small details in the planning or finances for the wedding etc. Definitely try talking to him. Don't bring it up in an accusatory way but in a way that shows you are genuinely concerned about what's going on. Express to him how you are feeling. Regardless of what is going on with him, he shouldn't be talking mean to you. Especially if you guys are engaged.

I know when I get really crabby my boyfriend will flat out tell me. Sometimes I don't even realize that I'm being so rude/short with him and then he tells me and I'm like "oh shit.. sorry I didn't mean to be, I'm just stressing over …"

If you guys are getting married, there definitely shouldn't be any problems with communicating with each other. If there is this early on than that could be a bad sign.

Best of luck to you!

• Like Like x 1
  10. I think you should have your own forum on grass city where you give relationship advice
    Thanks again! You nailed it

11. Well, one can hope it's something that can be easily reminded, but, there's a pattern that seems to be repeated in life.

Who we try to be at the beginnings of a relations (half year - year) and who we are, are not often not the same thing. Also, the things we may like about our partner, we may find we actually don't, after that honey moon phase wears off. And when these things aren't addressed, they generally manifest in stronger ways that deteriorate relationships of all kinds.

But, if this behavior is new, and y'all have been together for a while (couple years) there is likely another reason.

Cannabis surely could be changing some things about him, but more than likely, if the heavy usage is new, there is an external reason driving him to use greater and greater quantities.

Even so, I'd also assume if he's always smoked heavily, there is an external reason driving the tension.

Either way, cece is right, this is something you need to address with him. Whether this is something that is specifically a personal issue between y'all, or something else happening with him outside of y'alls relationship, it can't live in the back of your mind. It needs to be addressed. Relationships generally fall apart when their lived out in silence.

12. You’re awesome and so, so right. I’m definitely going to take my time deciding about the relationship itself and I’m also going to find the right time to talk about it in a gentle way. Thank you

13. Yes it can be the weed. I actually notice two things. If you smoke very often, by the end of the day you do burn out, even if you are an experienced smoker, and it can leave you just kind of tired or uninterested. Second I notice that if you are close to running out, it can spark moodiness, but I think the oversonsumption combined with a stressor or an event that is bothering the person can cause this. That being said, if I notice I am moody I cut back right away, always helps. Maybe just point it out, if he has not made the connection, then maybe he doesnt know himself. Dont suggest quitting weed, suggest not smoking before 2pm or something or he needs to use sativas so he doesnt get too sluggish.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I get moody when I run out of cannabis. Do you notice a time of day when it starts to happen? Do you two live together? It could have something to do with him smoking so much and then he can't feel the effects he wants because by the end of the day, your tolerance is different than earlier in the day, or the first smoke of the day.

15. Please do keep us posted on how things work out. Hopefully for the better.

16. Ok so here’s the update: he had been doing a lot of rx edibles (gummies actually) and rx liquid in a vape pen. And when I say a lot I mean all day and sometimes both at the same time. He stopped using those and went back to smoking grass in bowls or joints and is COMPLETELY different. Back to normal 100%. I don’t understand how that works! I’m just glad he’s back to normal. I’m going to be trying some with him for the first time this weekend wish me luck and give me pointers!?!

• Like Like x 1