Can weed cause cancer? what about Carcinogens?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by ibradabeast, Aug 12, 2012.

1. LOL. Smoke every day brah. Weed will not give you cancer. It contains carcinogens in the same way that diet coke contains carcinogens. It will not give you cancer.

2. Diet coke will cause cancer...brah

3. Diet coke may not give you cancer but it does contain aspartame, which has over 70 side effects. They tell fighter pilots not to drink drinks containing aspartame before flying as it destroys your concentration - Im very careful to stay away from it, nowadays if i accidently drink some, i can notice it right away - in essence, im very concious about this kind of stuff and im not worried n the slightest about my daily cannabis use.

4. #24 BadKittySmiles, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012

Most of the food you eat naturally (and unnaturally) contains carcinogens and becomes carcinogenic, especially if you cook it, and even more so if you create brown or burned spots. If you live in a city, you're breathing carcinogenic air every day. Even so, that doesn't not automatically equate to 'will cause cancer'.

Not all plant matter is created equal, nor are all carcinogens.

Teas and herbal blends, when smoked, are often more carcinogenic than cannabis, but unlike cannabis, their health benefits via their own natural and potentially beneficial phytochemicals may not outweigh the potential for harm, in the same way that the cannabinoids and many terpenes in cannabis can, where they have powerful anti-cancer/anti-mutagenic properties, and even go further to promote healthy cell growth and structure.

For instance using the same studies, which prove how harmful tobacco is, it's been proven time and time again that not only do cannabis smokers not develop the same problems, but they often develop fewer cancers and ailments than 100% NON-smokers! :hello:

Many of the nation and the world's best scientists, who once worked for the government in labs, hired to attempt to find fault with cannabis, eventually switched over to OUR side after their research did not result in the outcome that the government had hoped, and their findings (and all too often, the scientists themselves) were dismissed. :D

A few links for you... google will find you more. :)

Cannabis smokers show greater lung capacity and lower cancer levels than non-smokers

Study: Smoking Marijuana Not Linked with Lung Damage | Healthland | TIME.com

Some of the world's healthiest, and very best athletes are cannabis smokers, and have even been disqualified from participating in the olympics due to their usage... but taking all the new, and more accurate science into consideration, disqualifying for cannabis may soon come to an end (except in circumstances where it may actually help improve athletic performance)!

Cannabis May Be Removed from Banned Lists by Sports Anti-doping Agency - Yahoo! Sports

5. Alcohol is more dangerous and gives you cancer.

6. No. THC is the cure for cancer actually.

7. Whether or not you're vaping or combusting, when dabbing, depends entirely on how much you heat your nail/skillet which, unbeknown to most, can easily surpass the point of combustion...

Most people are combusting whether they realize it or not, but a few hold back on the torch and as a result, they don't over-heat their tools, which results in vapor when the dabs make contact. :)

8. Hi! You shouldn't be worried about your health at all. From my hours upon hours of research on the topic, I've found that marijuana actually contains anti-cancer components, which help eliminate and resolve lung cancer as well as many other forms of cancer. (Shown in study after study that you may Google.) Thus, it counter balances the carcinogens in which you may inhale. Along with this, marijuana is usually smoked through the use of a water pipe or other filtration, which is a much more pure form of filtration than a cigarette. In my opinion, and many others, marijuana is quite harmless except for when used in a developing brain. (Before fourteen years of age.) Feel free to PM me or respond if you have any questions. I hope I've come of some use to you, I wish you the best of luck.

9. Yes im sure youre right about the majority of the uneducated and their caveman logic that the nail must be glowing red :D I have a laser thermometer and used it a while back to gauge how hot my nails were, so i have a pretty good sense. But let me rephrase; there is no combustion when dabbing properly.

10. Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows
    Harvard medical study barely covered by typical BS American media. The THC was injected directly into the mouses lung tumors and the tumors receded to half its original size. Sounds like it does the exact opposite of cause it... -____-

11. why is this even in this section ?

12. Don't know - to high to really care though :smoke:

Maybe a mod will take us on a magical adventure :hello: