Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can weed cause bronchitis?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by illogical, Sep 26, 2011.

1. title says it all. super curious. i always feel like though they say smoking weed is safe i feel like theres a couple things that u can get from smoking weed.

2. Yes it can. Smoking anything can give you bronchitis.

3. Why not try searching next time :p

4. Yea tons of research journals with stuff like this in it, look for just about any post by Storm Crow, thats the guru right there :)

5. yea, smoking can give you bronchitis. and dont smoke when you do get bronchitis!! lol.

6. oh great after smoking 24/7 for a whole summer they tell me this. -_- well i better slow down a bit then.

7. Considering I've had bronchitis 3 times and I've never taken a single drag from a cigarette in my life I can assure you that, yes, you can get bronchitis from smoking just cannabis.

8. how much of a hardcore smoker do u need to be to get it?

9. Your question should be "How much of a non-smoker do you have to be?"

Bronchitis is an inflammatory response to irritation. Irritation can come in a wide variety of flavors (excessive dust, bacteria, etc.) Smoke, be it from a cigarette or from weed, is always an irritant. Make no mistake, though the smoke from weed isn't as dangerous as the smoke in a cigarette, smoke is ALWAYS harsh to your lungs. Why do you think you cough when you smoke?

If you smoke non-stop for a couple of weeks, and it's your first time doing as such, your lungs will be very angry with you. BAM bronchitis.

HOWEVER, if you smoke a LOT...then your chances of developing bronchitis are a lot lower since your lungs have gotten use to the smoke.

10. well i do smoke hardcore and i was easy my first time. guess im in good shape then XD

11. I imagine that yes it can be very harmful to your lungs and could give you bronchitis. But a lot of other things can give you it. Hell I'm pretty sure a hoarder who hoards junk can get it.

12. at this point in the game with medicine and sickness they lead cancer back to eggs... anything can get you ANYTHING touching a table can give you fkin herpes, talking to your significant other can you to the emergency room i mean srsly people