Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can weed cause bad effects

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by jayjay5396, Feb 17, 2013.

1. i know about paranoia and anxiety, but can weed cause you to feel sick? ether by smoking too much or the quality of the weed?

has weed ever caused a stroke or heart problems?
    can weed be a conflict while taking prescription drugs such as high blood and painkillers?

last few weeks ive been feeling ill i used to smoke Bongs all day now im just smoking one or 2 blunts a day, had a few bad times on bongs the past few weeks so quit bongs just a few blunts a day now am sure something is up with my health i've been for a blood test waiting for results, just wondered if weed can cause bad effects like tight chests chest pain and shaking, this has been going on for weeks.

my medication lowers my blood pressure Weed also lowers my blood pressure could that be a problem?

2. your medication should be weed. i once smoked some nice purp and immediately felt like i was dying. i was on one knee light headed and about to puke. dont know what went wrong, but since that ive never had a bad experience

3. The times that I feel sick from weed, is if I smoke with another person that is sick and get it, which isn't from the weed but smoking it with other people, and smoking so much that I cough until I gag and feel weird for a minute or two, never sick sick and honestly, just ask a doctor about the blood pressure from smoking weed, they can't do anything but give you their help on the situation or if its bad.

4. I've smoked too much too fast several times and thrown up. We are talking like only half a joint or so. I have a ridiculously low tolerance.

5. In general, young, healthy people have very little risk of stroke or heart attack, although those with heart problems and older age are at greater risk, but there are few cases of such incidents occurring.

6. Maybe the blunts are giving you that. Tight chest, typical symtom of tobbacco comsumption, as well as getting nauseated.

7. the doc said i had high blood pressure, with smoking just joints now im slightly more comfortable it was the bongs that was making me feel ill

just recently the bongs have been freaking me out had to quit using bongs i feel bit better still have chest pain occasionally and am shaking sometimes these symptoms seemed to amplify after a bong thats why im just smoking joints now.

8. I sometimes get paranoid and freak out easily if I'm stoned, but today not too much, I actually feel great, but yes, weed can conflict with your other meds.

9. i puked once after smoking way way way more weed then i had ever before and have since (not for lack of trying) after that i havnt puked or anythin havnt had any other problems with weed.... i do always feel a little more cold when i smoke weed but i live in a basement so meh

10. My body's senses are way more sensitive when I am high so that's probably what it is.

11. I would try to keep the blunts to a minimum. Also if you find your blood sugar to drop off a lot while high try keeping a sugar packet in your pocket and just eat the sugar after smoking. Or a cup of coffee with sugar in it and see if it gets you feeling less sick. If smoking keeps making you sick I would take a T break for a while if I was you.

12. Hey amigoooos

I got a question for all bong/pipe smokers out there --- Is anyone noticing black dots in their saliva ?

I dont smoke tabacco and use activated carbon to filter out the smoke.....

13. Dude chest pains, shaking, and whatever else your doing (even posting this thread) is just paranoia.

14. weed sometimes causes me minor depression on the weekends to me when i'm all out:(, but i just get some more so it's all good :D

15. I threw up once whilst baked, but I think that was down to the KFC I had like 20 mins before.

16. a friend's first experience with smoking weed involved him lying down on his back and almost choking to death on his vomit. i cant get the poor guy to try weed again on his life

17. vape, bro

18. weed not only lowers blood pressure, it also relieves shaking and muscle spasms so i doubt those symptoms are from the weed itself

19. Carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide can make you feel ill! With a bong, you are breathing in pure, post-combustion air filled with CO2 and CO! :eek: With a blunt or joint, you tend to breathe in some normal air, lessening the concentration of CO2 and CO going into you lungs. :cool:

The blunt still contains tobacco, which I KNOW you know is bad for you! And if you look into paper making, burning paper isn't that healthy either! :(

Get a vaporizer, or at least take several deep breaths between hits!

Cannabis does lower you blood sugar, which can leave you shaky, but a glass of juice before toking takes care of that quite nicely. :)

As for heart attacks and strokes- again it is the CO2 and CO causing the problems, not cannabis! Cannabis is actually protective during strokes and heart attacks! (Time to dig into the List again- you really should have your own copy! PM me you email addy to get yours! :D )

Acute administration of cannabidiol in vivo suppresses ischaemia-induced cardiac arrhythmias and reduces infarct size when given at reperfusion. (full – 2010)
    Acute administration of cannabidiol in vivo suppresses ischaemia-induced cardiac arrhythmias and reduces infarct size when given at reperfusion

Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and AM 404 protect against cerebral ischaemia in gerbils through a mechanism involving cannabinoid and opioid receptors (full - 2007)
    Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and AM 404 protect against cerebral ischaemia in gerbils through a mechanism involving cannabinoid and opioid receptors

I have dozens more studies on stroke and heart attacks, but 2 are enough! :)

Hon, of all the drugs, cannabis is the safest! It is way safer than taking even common aspirin!

Granny :wave:

20. I was wondering if Granny Stormcrow would make an appearance in this thread. Hope you are well Granny!