Can we relax a little now?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Nopinion, May 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. New member here; not new to growing. This question is for those who live in states where pot is still illegal.

Q: With the sweeping changes forced upon society by the governmental responses to the coronavirus pandemic, do you think law enforcement agencies will be less inclined to go after us growers? Are you already seeing evidence of this?

Background: I grow fewer than a dozen plants. Of course, this is more than enough to merit a serious criminal charge. Although I have never seen a copter or a drone nosing around my rural neighborhood, I never stop being paranoid about discovery, including accidental discovery. An example of the latter is when cops are on a manhunt and legally enter your property in the act of pursuit (yes, there have been busts when they happen upon someone's outdoor plants). I generally do what I can to conceal and disguise, but this year it's more difficult due to growth in the surrounding vegetation (requiring clearing etc.)

My hopeful hypothesis: Like the rest of officialdom, the cops are preoccupied with adjusting to the new environment and enforcing compliance with the new rules. They also do not look forward to the dirty business of arresting people and would prefer to just lord it over folks from a safe distance. Perhaps they simply see weed as a lower priority now.

What do you think?

• Like Like x 1
  2. It's been quasi-legal in California since 1996 and nobody gives a crap about it any longer.
    I despise what has happened to the rest of this state but I no longer wake up in a dead sweat in the middle of the night over the weed growing in my yard.
    :)

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Had a state police helicopter buzz my grow real low two years ago. (Michigan) Thank goodness I had/have a legal medical grow... I wouldn't chance it, but you are a braver one than me. Good luck this year!

4. I live in Central Cal and my father in law is a retired cop in a nearby city, so needless to say, I know a bunch of cops. It's legal here, but if it weren't, the general consensus is they have bigger fish to fry. Unless, of course, you've got a mountainside full of weed. They don't sweat a few small plants.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shit just ordered 28 monster Zkittles feminized seeds, 25 Tropicana banana
    And 25 purple strawberry sherbet seeds
    To start my 2020 outdoor grow.
    I hope the law does have higher priorities
    This year, or the sons of bitches could ruin one of the greatest years of my life $$$$$$$

6. no relaxing here. Legalization would be a huge relief but ultimately I see growing cannabis to be something you always should keep private.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I do believe that they have bigger fish to fry and are preoccupied with more important issues. Like the other poster also mentioned, as long as it’s not a mountain side you should be fine. The chances of 5-0 coming onto your property while in pursuit of someone else is pretty slim also especially when you mentioned that you’re located in a rural area.
    Listen, before long the murder wasps might make it too risky to be out there growing so strike while the iron is hot, we’re not promised any tomorrows.
    Life is wayyyyy too short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The police will cite you if your plants are not at least 6 feet apart and wearing a mask.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. To start your grow? Damn, how many are you growing?

10. Hey, it's legal here, but you still gotta worry about some kids or someone showing up at 3AM to steal it. It's legal but it's still selling for $150+/oz at the stores.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Seems you’re counting your chickens a little early this year.
    In my own experience it never pays to do so. Even if they dont get found theres rainy falls causing mold, theres mite or caterpillar infestations or who knows what.

Point is - good luck but dont put all your eggs in one basket.

j

• Like Like x 3
  12. #13 jerry111165, May 10, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    just ordered 28 monster Zkittles feminized seeds, 25 Tropicana banana
    And 25 purple strawberry sherbet seeds

Edit: miscount.

78?

j

13. They also do not look forward to the dirty business of arresting people

Dont look forward to it??

Dude - they’re COPS. Thats ALL they look forward to.

j

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Less inclined to go after growers? Not hardly. Governors have exceeded their authority in shutting down our states and have used the fear of a virus to negate our Constitutional rights in the name of safety. The silver lining may be that budgets are stretched so law enforcement may actually have to concentrate of real crime or legalization is seen as injecting more money for governments to squander.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. I am thinking of the concern for "officer safety" that has become the supreme mandate in recent years. Arresting people used to be lots of fun; but now, in addition to the usual blood- and saliva-borne illnesses, cops must worry about getting breathed on. In the small town I live near, I haven't seen a single cop in two months.

Meanwhile, I see reports from all over that cops will enthusiastically beat the shit out of someone for not obeying social distancing orders. I suppose it's all that pent-up stress from not being able to get their daily adrenaline fix.

16. Actually we are putting out 3000 seeds my boy bought 1200.00 more and not to mention 2 pounds of bag seed

• Like Like x 1
  17. . Arresting people used to be lots of fun; but now, in addition to the usual blood- and saliva-borne illnesses, cops must worry about getting breathed on. In the small town I live near,

That might be true for say like a speeding ticket. I doubt the cops will look the other way if they find your grow. Are you in a legal state? sorry if I missed it. Doesn't really matter I guess you way overplanted in relation to most state laws anyway.

Edit You have balls I'll give you that much.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. I HAVE ZERO RESPECT FOR JUDGES
    LAW ENFORCEMENT AND OUR GOVT
    THEY CAN ALL GO FUCK THEMSELVES

19. Who me?