Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can Vodka be used for a Tincture?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Jakes Mo Moneya, Jan 30, 2006.

1. I've been researching the tincture, which is kronik in a liquir that you can drink.

can i use Grey Goose Vodka(80 Proof)
    And how much of it should i use per gram of Kronik

2. Yes it can.

Tincture of Cannabis

A 19th-century medicinal staple, tincture of cannabis was prescribed to Queen Victoria to help relieve menstrual cramps. This is the Wo/Men's Alliiance version.

Ingredients

Vodka (or other high-proof alcohol)
    Fresh or dried marijuana

Method

One part vodka (or pretty much any high-proof alcohol) is mixed to 5 parts fresh marijuana. For dried marijuana, the proportions are 1 part vodka to 10 parts pot. The preparation should be stored in glass or earthenware. The mixture needs to stand for at least two weeks in a warm place to extract all vital elements.

Tincture can be drunk, used sublingually, or used topically, applied to the affected area.

check here for many other excellent recipies: http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?p=779227

3. Thanks, would it be esier for me to put the grounded bud directly into the bottle, then do i drain out the tincture?

4. interesting

5. You can do it either way really. :)