Can U Please help identify this purple stalk strain??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BloodyTreez, Aug 16, 2009.

1. hi guys, I sprouted a seed from some commercial jamaica high grade. The seedling is about 2 weeks from seed. I am noticing something that I have never seen on any of my seedlings except for the ones who just popped. The entire stalk/stem of this plant is purple and sort of fuzzy.

Just curious as to if anyone knows which strain(s) are well known for their purple stalks, I mean straight purple, here is a pic. Hopefully with some feedback from you veterans or someone who has experience with this particular strain can lead me in the right direction. Thanks for your help GC.

:cool:

Here are a couple of pics of the youngster,, all ideas, clues and general feedback to the possible origin/ancestory of this kid accepted.

Attached Files:

2. bump anyone, any clue, any suggestions?:confused:

3. It's not a particular strain. Purple stems are very common in younger plants. They show a nutrient deficiency, or even can be caused by cold weather. However it's nothing to worry about.

So nope, not a strain. Just normal.

4. Phosphorous deficiencies are distinct. Purple stems, leaf stems, leaf veins and stunted growth are a sure sign of a Phosphorous deficiency. Leaves will also tend to be smaller and dark green, and may or may not include necrotic patches. Bud size will be smaller and underdeveloped, as will the root mass.A good all-around fertilizer like Peter's 20-20-20 will clear this up. As for strain ID,pretty dam hard to do:smoking:Flush first 2x size of pot and make sure of ur PH level.

5. ^ nice copy and paste.

6. Thanks;) my spelling seems better:smoking: