can u grow weed in horse shit?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by happynhigh, Oct 28, 2006.

1. ok i got 4 lil low ryder seeds curently germinating, 2 of em are already showing posterive progess after only 18 hours of light.

i was wondering cos i got a fat load of horse shit that i use on the garden, if i used it mixed in with some compost would it be any good, or will my weed end up tasting liek shit???? i guess it prob wont but i jst wanted to cheack, its not to acidic is it????

2. First of all, all animal manure must be well rotted, for at least a year - are you sure this is the case?
    If so, then add it to your compost, up to about 20%. More than that would maybe overfert the roots.
    But horse shit is excellent stuff, it is one of the few animal ferts I can buy here.

3. well we got compost form 3 years ago, nastly lookign shit too, really dark and black, tho its great for my chilli plants :) illg ive it a go, i liek to og the whole eco way as much as possible u see.

4. 3 year old horse manure?? Got to be really good. Dig it in!!!!

5. darn right that has to be almost soil by now. My brother dumped 6" inches of shit like that on his veggie garden and rototilled it in and even though we had a losey outdoor grow year(damn little sun for the last half), his garden was outstanding everything grew huge. Of course there is the bug/pest thing - best grab spanish's home brewed insecticide recipe.

6. yer, i heard bakki water gets rid of pests???? is this true?

7. horse shit iuno itll just be good fertilizer go for it and while your at it take a wiz in your plants pot t00 :hello: seriously

8. I have more horse shit then I know what to do with and yes it's great to use after it rotts for a couple of years.

9. Bullshit. I'm a little late but grow it in shit. Seriously.

10. the question should be "why would anyone grow weed in horseshit"?

:p

11. I think it's hilarious that you're worried about what the horseshit will do to the taste of your weed and not your chiles.:D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Horse shit man come on dont disrespect the cops by taking their only food supply

13. I think you're thinking of shrooms man.