Can to much light during lights out in veg herm a plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ZEROBS, Feb 2, 2019.

1. well a lot of ppl say any light leaks can give u issues during flowering and some say it’s all bs it’s just genetics. I was wondering if light leaks during dark periods from seedling to veg can stress a plant and cause it to herm b4 flowering. I ask bc I keep both my veg vents open 24/7. Atm it’s ok bc I’m on 24/0 lighting but that won’t be much longer...

2. To be real. I've never had a problem outdoors my plants have been close to outside floodlights bright as hell for about 10 mins never had a problem. I cant speak for indoors cuz I'm on my first indoor grow atm. But I open it after lights out haven't had a problem either close to 4 weeks flowering.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. It's in flower you need to take care with stray light.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. yeah.
    ZERO LIGHT while in 12/12 or get hermies

5. Moonlight. Aka reflected sunlight.

But anyway. I read that the plants dont absorb green light and if you were to keep a green spectrum light on during night it wouldnt affect them (and you could see and work on them at night)

This is just what i read, i suggest not doing it until your own research takes place! INteresting though?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. i think its to do with what they are used to pal like if your used to getting up late and then one day you have to get up its fekin stressful aint it well i think its the same with weed lol. and the reason they do better inside is because they get a good consistent rest everyday with no disruptions at all. i believe if you kept doing it in flower all the way through at least once a day then they wouldnt hermie at all youd just get less bud. i havent tried this but i have thought about it alot but yea it doesnt matter in veg at all pal your safe. just try keep it down to a minimum or your plants wont benefit from the dark period. i think growing good weed is all about getting a good root system and getting good light across the whole plant also food is a massive thing but you can play that safe and just stick to a ec level all the way through and get good results with no effort. you want lots of roots and roots grow at night so let them rest and build their strength up!

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

7. this doesnt work pal its better but not darkness and the plants do sense it if you do more reading about it youll see that this isnt right. people use them just incase they need to work but that doesnt mean it wont affect the plant and that you can do it everyday

8. All “opinions” some ppl do it with good results,some don’t. Same as with every technique

• Like Like x 1
  9. thats it pal its hard to give straight answers for anything i just go with my logical brain. have u heard of people doing 6/2 lights in flower..? wierd but that just proves to me that you can give them light in flower so long as it is consistent!

10. My theory is genetics as the main factor and stress the other for hermies.

And like BNW said during vege it’s fine. During flower your tempting the two factors