Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can this be fixed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by AG222, Oct 15, 2012.

1. I was blazing with a friend and my dog came into the room with one of those lamp shade things they have to wear sometimes. She was plowing her head everywhere, and before we could grab her she hit the bong and knocked it over. The down stem was in and it has some weird damage.

I have attached some pictures..

Can this be fixed? If so where can I bring it to get fixed? This is so heartbreaking :(

Attached Files:

2. It can be fixed bro you need to find a local glassblower

3. Not sure what exactly broke, assume it was the little stem you insert the downste, and bowl and such into. Umm try using a rubber seal like they use for PVC on the part where the downstem goes into the bong. Measure s you know what size you need. Good luck op

4. If you saved the glass that broke off I would say use some Glass glue to put I back together. When the glue dries use jbkwik(like it better than kneels) on the outside And let it sit for a day. Your good as new

5. PVC? What's that? Where can I get one of these seals?

6. Good luck with fixing that !!

7. No luck so far. I have tried glass blowers and havent found one doing repairs yet. I am willing to travel a few hours from around Boston, Massachusetts

8. Getting that repaired would probably cost as much (if not more) as just buying a whole new bong

9. That's what I was fearing. Such a sad day. RIP my bong

10. Yeah this. How much was that piece anyways? I can't tell if there are percs or anything, but to get it repaired would be minimum like $40-$100, plus you'd have to clean it to being BRAND new before the blower will even touch it. Not to mention finding a blower, assuming you don't already know one.

I'd just epoxy/seal that with something else and get a new bong. This broken bong can be your piece for on-the-go smoking/parties/friend's houses

11. Epoxy? And the Bong cost me 150. There are percs and the glass is pretty thick.

12. yea i agree wit peeps here that theres no point in getting it fixed professionally.. but u could go to ur local hardware store and look for rubber seals and/or glass glue etc.. a little creativity and u could have ur bong up and running for under $20.. might not look as nice as it did tho lol

13. the only way that I can think to fix that is to shape an epoxy putty (quick steel is best because it is drinking water safe and heat resistant) around the down stem where the 18/18 joint used to be to create a seal. Would permanently attach the down stem but that is better than nothing. I have done this before and it worked.

14. [quote name='"ZionLion2"']the only way that I can think to fix that is to shape an epoxy putty (quick steel is best because it is drinking water safe and heat resistant) around the down stem where the 18/18 joint used to be to create a seal. Would permanently attach the down stem but that is better than nothing. I have done this before and it worked.[/quote]

^so true.

image-162930137.jpg

image-3337155152.jpg

My piece broke in the same place. Also the ash catcher broke at the top but I fixed them both with steel reinforced epoxy.

15. I am going to give this a try this weekend! Thanks!

16. Thanks for the pictures, I just want the bong to function. Even if it is kinda ugly

17. Yeah as long as its a clean break you should have no issues making it airtight and fully functional.