Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can they smell it?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Extraaafami, Aug 29, 2017.

1. So I'm 19 and I started toking on occasion to relax. Lately I've become VERY paranoid when I'm high. I hear things, and feel like the police are coming. I live on the top floor of my apartment building. I hit a bong like twice a day. I smoke in my room with incense lit, a towel beneath my door, and I ALWAYS blow through a sploof. My neighbors haven't said anything and treat me well but I hear them slamming things when my session starts. After I finish my tiny session, I always go out into the hall and can never smell weed besides in my room specifically, not the entire apartment.
    Can they smell it or am I paranoid?
    *Im DEFINITELY not interested in Vapes*

2. Often times ones hearing seems to be better with a buzz.
    Relax but stay smart.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. You're paranoid bro.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. It's a side effect. It happens. Shit it still happens to me with certain strains. You aren't smoking nearly enough for anyone to notice. Especially using a sploof.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well in 2016, 71% of Florida voted yes to MMJ... I'm sure probably the majority of your complex smokes weed. My hallways reek almost every day... and I live in a pretty nice place too. I've smoked plenty of times in public around people and have been fine. Granted it's usually the beach at night or on trails, but most of the time the only confrontation I encounter is "can I get a hit?" :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  6. You guys really think I'm just being paranoid? I've seen police patrolling more, but I'm so careful. I'm just worried.
    So I really shouldn't be?

7. I doubt police are patrolling by because of smoke . If your landlord hasn't said anything to you man your prob fine . If your lease says no smoking and your burning that's on you . I've never signed a lease that said no smoking . I'd lose my mind paying rent and not being able to do what I would like to do .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Unless the OP is living in a complex inhabited by the crooked Fla Politicians (like all of them!);)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. I wonder why they keep slamming shit. It's a couple with their kids. Idk if it's because they're just loud, but sometimes it shakes my apartment. I live with my mom and go to college. I'm not doing this everyday or even forever, but I'm so paranoid. Even my mom can't smell it when she's home and I smoke. I know police have bigger things to deal with and not a 19 year old girl, but I wanted to make sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Noo it's cuz your high man lol . I live on third floor and can't hear my neighbors till I blaze up . Truth be told even if they did say something they would say it to you or the landlord before the cops lol. Just be respectful of everyone and smart .

11. I can't let them smell it period
    So do you guys think they can't smell it based on everything I do?

12. Th
    They're slamming now as we speak. Maybe I'm hearing shit. I took one hit of my bong.

13. Maybe get straight and knock on their door and gently and politely explain it to them..They may surprise you and invite you in for a toke..;)

14. They're are slamming because you're not sharing the weed, got them all worked up.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. So instead of talking to the landlord or to you or your parents, they are just going to slam stuff? Let them slam the shit til they break it. Until someone says anything, don't worry about it and chillax. They will have a hard time proving its you unless they walk right into your bedroom and see you bongin it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Put a candle or even a lighter by your door and see which way the draft is pulling the flame. If it's going out the door then there's more of a possibility, but if not then no you're neighbors shouldn't smell it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sounds to me like your neighbors are just a new family, and slamming stuff in a new family is par for the course. young kids may not have mastered a gentle touch, parents might be rushing around, so forth. I wouldn't trip. Toke away

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. They have kids just as I said. That would be stupid to throw myself under the bus. I'm asking if they smell it so I know whether to stop or not.

19. I smoke all the way from my bedroom. I was wondering if the smoke would go through the floors

20. No. It would have to permeate through various materials, Plaster, wood, carpet, carpet padding, all of which would prevent any noticeable odor from getting through.