Can these make it ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Shifte83, Jul 4, 2017.

1. hey all will these seedlings survive started on nutes way to early... only a 1/4 strength but I'm an idiot yes.

Attached Files:

2. From what I've experienced, they may or may not. Usually you want to wait on nutes 1-2 weeks - depending on growth. But yea though they look fine now, its a toss up. I'd jus do straight pure pH'd water for a little longer and try to flush out anything thats still there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thanks man

4. definitely no need for nutrients until the 3rd set of leaves (minus the cotyledon) 5.8 to 6.0 water and make sure you run enough through that rockwool to get the runoff in that range as well...new rockwool come with a high ph. even though your not giving it food now (shouldn't be) it's best to get the rockwool in the right range so that when you do start feeding the ph is already set correctly in the cube.

good luck and good grows keep us posted

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. I somewhat agree with the above posters. Yes, rockwool should be pH adjusted before planting your seed. I don't agree with the no feeding for 2 weeks statement though - I think all inert mediums - rockwool, perlite, coco, should all be fed 1/4 strength nutes from day one. If you were to put those seedlings in a DWC or RDWC system you would be feeding them immediately not providing just plain water. Your seedlings will be just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I killed my first 2 plants because I fed nutes at the first set of leaves. I did use 1/4 strength Sensi Grow A+B, but mine was indeed a 5 gal bucket RDWC with rockwool resting in hydroton.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  7. I too have nuked seedlings feeding them less than 1/4 strength nutes. That was like 18 years ago and since then I start seeds actually with distilled ph water as some tap has a little too much chlorine which makes you have to wait till it dries out...I only use distilled for popping seeds though. Then with the first light feed usually on day 12-14 I'll go to regular tap water. I do believe it comes down to the hardiness of the strain...some will fly from the get go with 1/4 strength some will Not ...so why take a chance.?..it's kinda like feeding a baby a buncha fast food...although it might do no harm..why chance the baby choking? lol I'm stoned (again)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks all, I
    Hope they pull though I got some bigger rock will cubes to transplant and the ph and ec tester. I ph'd the water at 6 and soaked the cubes in them for like an hour drained off a lot of the water and then transplanted in to them.. just feeding ph water for a little longer then I'll start on nutes when some more leaves come through!

9. to the the cubes correctly, initially when you soak them it should be 5.0 water....it comes basically 7.0 so 5.0 leaves you at 6.0 you dig? soaking in 6.0 initially will give you 6.5 which is too high for hydroponics.

you want 5.5 to .6.2 to test from. the runoff water no higher in hydro

• Like Like x 1
  10. to soak* the cubes typo

• Like Like x 1
  11. IMG_0949.JPG Thanks man your a real help!!
    Okay one more problem which I can't seem to find anything about "grey spots"? Please have a look and see what you think it is?

12. um I think it's you freaking out about everything lol..be patient you have a seedling there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hahaa yeah I'm a massive stress head !

Thanks for the help!