Can These Be Added to my Car?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Mahreywaynnuh, Oct 1, 2011.

1. speaker1.png

I have this and another one that is double its size.

speaker2.png

I have, I think 8 of these just laying around not being used. Not even sure what they are exactly, just know that they can play music!

Can either of these be added to my car by someone who knows what they're doing or would I have to buy a new system for my car if I wanted an upgrade?

2010 range rover, don't know if that matters or not!

2. First one is a guitar amp, I don't know why you'd want that in your car but the short answer is no. Just buy a head unit, it'll give you better results for less money. Second depends on what the ohmage is for those speakers. Just get aftermarket ones though, they'll give you better response.

3. Are you looking to add bass or just louder speakers?

4. 2010 Rover? Cha-Ching Cha-Ching$$$$$! Just take it to the car stereo shop and tell them what you want it to to do and let them bill you for it. :hello:

5. Sure why not, I'd just lay em all on the floor in the back and run the wires right under the seat, what's the worst that could happen?

6. If you can afford a 2010 rover than you should be able to have a nice custom system installed no problem.

7. yes... yes you can, with proper knowledge and speaker wiring. and 8-10 speakers if your going to use all of them you might need an amp or two, nothing big, you could probably run two of them off a little 100 watt.

8. #8 JayF, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2011
    As others have said, you'd get better results getting someone to fit you a custom sound system, but if you really want to there's no reason you can't put all that into your car. You might need to take an angle grinder to the inside of your car to make the speakers fit. If you're not comfortable doing that to your fairly new Range Rover, then...

Audio is audio, everything is compatible with everything. There's no reason you couldn't wire your current stereo up to your amp and buy some new speakers, even good ones are cheap.

I bought these last week for £30 (about $48): JBL 16cm 3-way 180W car radio speakers 6.5-inch GTO637

[​IMG]

JBL are the dog's bollocks. They sound amazing, even on their own with a shitty old CD/radio-only stereo, once my ears had stopping ringing after angle grinding the door panels of my car.

9. Not happy with the Range Rover stock system? Must be nice...

10. those line 6's can get loud as fuck though. dont think they make a single speaker for cars that get that loud.