Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can the cops drug test me?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by OrangeK, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Someone in my family is going into the Police Academy and I was recently informed that they were going to be running background checks, my grades in school, and they could possibly random drug test me from now until July. If i F*** up on pretty much any of those my relative can be denied as an officer. I was wondering if they can do this without my consent? Or should I just stop smoking until July so I don't risk screwing up my relatives career?

2. I have never ever heard of anyone's family being drug tested because they were joining the police academy.

The "background check" is likely an interview with family members to find out information about the individual joining the police force. I actually doubt it's legal to not hire someone because of something their family did.

3. yea that sounds ricidulous IMO and probably many others. I dont think they can drug test you for one and even if positive can deny your relative entry into the academy. Sounds like bullshiiit tell em to suck a fat one. By one i mean penis, good day.

4. Yeah they definitely cannot drug test you and then deny your relative a job. They can't even just show up at your house and request a drug test, either..

5. They cannot drug test you without probable cause. Keep smoking.

6. Someone is fucking with you hard. :rolleyes:

They are doing a background check on your relative not you.

But do get your priorities right. Get your grades up and show your rents you are resposible and helpful. Don't just avoid the family and become a hermit in your room.

How good/bad are your grades and what year are you in? Is there a chance to be competitive for scholarships ? :smoke:

7. Im a senior in high school. I have good grades. (Not like Ivy League grades) but they can get me in some good Universities

8. Sounds like a trap! Don't give them your piss! Probably some ridiculous lie to get you to oblige to a drug test and then get caught out. Fuckers haha

9. You're on the right track. Don't know why they are fucking with you, perhaps they just don't understand the process. Anywho you wont be messed with. Investigators may wish to ask you the standard battery of questions, but they are about your relative; how long have you known him/her, Do they drink, have they been married, etc. :smoke:

10. One of my parents has Top Secret clearance here near DC... They sit outside your house and shit and do extensive checks before giving that out. I've got an icky record with marijuana felonies, didn't seem to affect their acceptance... I don't see how it would be more strict for police