can squirls be pets?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by jimboob, Sep 21, 2010.

1. my little brother found an abandonded baby squirl, they took it to a pet store and set its ok, but i kinda wanna keep it. it'll die by itself and its adorable.

are squirls like cats? i mean like the cats outside are nasty but house cats are...you know, pets lol

I have to go to work but i'll check this topic later, maybe put up some pics of the lil guy

2. They get mean when they get older,bite and scratch. A friend at work raised one we found while trimming trees. It "fell in love" with his wife, and it got to where they had to put it in a cage when he got home or the lil fucker would bite the shit out of him. They get territorial.:smoke:

3. i used to know this girl back in school that like had a bunchhhh it was crazy. they nest (a fam nested in my grill this summer so i couldnt use it cuz i didnt wana kill the 5 babies inside) so i ASSUME that u would have to treat it kinda like a hampster with shavings n stuff to chew on n play with in the cage.

only prob i can think of is u would run into a problem with feeding it if it cant yet chew hard food cuz i believe they drink milk from their mothers.

4. haha try it man! then again i have no idea how you will be able to house train a wild animal

5. Domesticate it and treat it with love and make sure you can give it proper care and attention. I know that you can domesticate raccoons, foxes, and deer and lots of forest animals including squirrels, that being said...

Wild animals are NOT the same as a pet you buy from a shop so read up on it.

Otherwise...

[​IMG]

Enjoy your new buddy :D

6. ahahahahahaha hes cute as hell

7. hes so cute <3

8. the ones i saw in my grill where smaller i thought the parents wouldnt come back cuz i touched the nest and uncovered the babies cuz i didnt know what it was but they did

9. once up in the banff mountains i saw one of those squirrels attack some girl and eat that girls ice cream in front of all the people

10. Ive spatted a few of them. :D on accident of course. However I refuse to put my own life at risk, over swerving to save a squirrels life. But if I can, I avoid them.

11. He probably wasn't bonded with it. You can be bonded with an animal and if you dont interact with it enough the bond will break and it will become aggressive towards you again.

12. I think somebody on this forum posted about finding a baby a while back, idk what happen. But they're wild animals that aren't used to captivity.

13. Did a quick search online:

14. yea my buddy had a squirrel that always came by his backyard so he started feeding it peanuts. and the squirrel would come in his house whenever it felt like it. but then they locked the door for bed one night the stupid squirrel chewed through the screen door and started stealing peanuts and stashing them outside. and it started becoming vicious with my friends and his parents lmao. and started making this weird ass noise at him.

15. yea, unfortunatly the little guy doesnt look so good, its not moving much. we went to a pet store and they gave us some milk in a little bottle but its not eating much

I think it's better off though, i figure it has no mom, so no one can raise it. if we raise it and it gets vicious we can't just throw it outside cause it doesnt know how to survive in the wild.

hate it when shit like this happends tho. it it makes it through the night im gonna try and find somewhere we can take it to.

16. My grandma nuresed a baby but it got WILD! She had to let it go into the Wild:eek: She felt guilty keeping such a free creature.

17. Or in some cases if the squirrel is too high of a level you aren't able to control it very well. Sometimes when you say, "quick attack" the squirrel will just fall asleep.

18. I tried to domesticate a racoon I named him NINJA but...Those things are GNARLY! I learned from my granmother She had Families:eek: and like 10 cats:p Once the WILD CALLS thats it! its not like you can go to a Vet. and ask him or her to spay or nuder your RACOON/SQUIREL:devious:

19. Scissors are a commonly found household tool.

20. When you fall asleep, it will eat your nuts. :eek: