can somone tell me how im doing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mikedub, Jun 18, 2010.

1. #1 mikedub, Jun 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2010
    hi there this is my second grow(first time with hydroponics) and my plant got really big i just want someone who knows what they are talking about to take a look and tell me how they think things are going. i am now in my 5th week of flowering. i am using a 400w hps light and my nutes are at 1000ppm. so here are some pics (sorry about the quality of the pics) tell me how you think my plant is doing and if i should change anything. i am also worried that my buds will not get big because my plant got to big.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. p.s. the reason it looks so empty on the bottom is because i did a little triming and got rid of what was not getting any light

3. I'm a soil guy so I know jack shit about hyrdoponics, but they look good! What strain is it?

4. im not sure what strain it is they were free seeds that i got when i bought my caramelicious witch i am growing next.

5. Well they look good! Be sure to update come harvest time.

6. Looks really good man, is the top getting burned? I cant really tell in that pic, is there a cooltube on your light?

7. ph is right around 6.0

8. not to bust your bubble but at 5 weeks into flowering, your buds should be bigger, it's at a stage where the buds won't get any much bigger but hopefully it'll come out dense for you :)

9. you saying they stop getting bigger after 5 weeks flowering? as its quite the oppisite, yes i agree his buds should/could be bigger, but the last few weeks IS when they can really fatten up & pack on size

@OP if you are concerned about the buds sizes you could always try a bloom/bud booster something like bud candy is good

10. hahaha.

;)

11. Maybe its one of those strains that takes forever to finish, maybe?

12. The single bladed top leaves might be reason for concern. I cannot remember for certain how it happens, but I'm pretty sure it is related to too much nitrogen during flowering. Otherwise it does look good. Looks like a sativa to me, so you're probably only 40% of the way through flowering. This is the point when it gets really fun :)

13. #14 mikedub, Jun 19, 2010
    this is what i am using for flowering i am using 3gal worth of nutes for 4gal of water because when i did it full strength it burnt it a little
    [​IMG]

14. #15 mikedub, Jun 19, 2010
    i think i might have found the reason for my buds being small and its because my plant was fertilized by a male or something because it is growing seeds. what should i do, because i want to grow some bomb buds should i just scap it and start over? also some of the pestiles have darkened and dried up a little.
    [​IMG]

15. If I were you, hypothetically, If thats your only plant, Id keep it growing till the seeds are mature. That way those seeds will be more stable than the ones previous. Then I'd use those seeds to try some females. Im only saying this is what id do if it was my only plant...:):metal:

~rom~