Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can someone who hasnt got high, know how marijuana benefits the mind?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Liqweed, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Well, I just had a serious discussion with my brother about weed. He knows all of the facts correctly pretty much, he still has a small bias, but not much of one. It just seems that you need to experience it first hand in order to fully understand its benefits, he has smoked before, but never gotten high. And he is a professional now so I know he isnt up for it.

This is not a matter of my bro though, this is just in general. I just dont see how its possible for people to understand how it effects you mentally without trying it first hand.

I guess im having a hard time explaining what I mean exactly, its late and I need to get some sleep. But having that altered state of mind, and being able to think and rationalize things within that altered mindset is most definitely beneficial for your mental health.

As humans, we are pretty good at adapting, and ultimately, those who adapt, survive, and continue evolving the human race. I think allowing yourself to adapt to an altered consciousness can only help you because you get to see things from a point of view that you normally would not understand, or see things from.

With other drugs like alcohol, it just seems to alter your mind into a blurry state, but with cannabis, its like a whole nother being. Its a whole world to learn and explore, and those who do, come out in a better position than those who never bothered.

good night gc, tell me what you think.

edit: another thing I want to touch on is how I think weed helps develop and keep neurons active in your brain, because you use different pathways while you are high. And increasing the amount of activity among those neurons means that they will depleted less rapidly than someone who hasnt got high before, or gotten high a lot and thought about stuff.

2. I agree with many things you said here. But I'm not really sure what your question is. Weed certainly makes you think about things in a different way. The part about neurons, idk man. That's conjecture. There really haven't been to many studies support this. Please someone correct my silly ass if I'm wrong.

3. I think the answer to your question is very simply this, he will know the benefits of marijuana but never feel them.