Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can someone tell me what type of strain this is?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by gucciBURR, Apr 8, 2012.

1. The guy i picked up from said it was Blue Dream, but I've had that before and it looks different from what i remember. Anyway, does anyone know :D? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Dude when you have weed like that it doesn't need a name.

3. I'm going to answer your question generally and tell you that nobody on earth except the dealers/growers involved can tell you a strain 100% based on looks.

What's important is that it looks damn good.

4. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']I'm going to answer your question generally and tell you that nobody on earth except the dealers/growers involved can tell you a strain 100% based on looks.

What's important is that it looks damn good.[/quote]

^^^^ this, I wish you could identify strains just by picture.

5. #5 runthistown18, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
    Purp/Grape Ape/Grandaddy/Urkle. Some purple indica strain.
    It's Definitely not Blue Dream though. Blue Dream is Bright Green & a lot Frostier.

You'll know it it was blue dream...It'll make everything look Surreal, Dreamy, & Beautiful the first few times.

6. Orly?

7. Although I enjoy learning about strains and their functions, I think that it is more about the way it was grown. That's what makes it a successful strain. No one can just eyeball it and tell you what the strain is unless they first hand grew it.

8. yeah. Unless there's Purple Blue Dream now lol.
    I've seen a video of someone with purple sour diesel so anything is possible i guess....

9. In conclusion unless you grew it or know who did you can't be 100% on it. Even if you have a unique strain like OG Kush it's not 100% accurate. Sure it may be OG Kush but who the hell knows what it's been crossed with. You can have some idea of what you have judging by the looks and smell and taste and high but it's really not possible to look at a picture and identify strains. Just enjoy it man looks really great!!!

10. [quote name='"Nug Love"']In conclusion unless you grew it or know who did you can't be 100% on it. Even if you have a unique strain like OG Kush it's not 100% accurate. Sure it may be OG Kush but who the hell knows what it's been crossed with. You can have some idea of what you have judging by the looks and smell and taste and high but it's really not possible to look at a picture and identify strains. Just enjoy it man looks really great!!![/quote]

Because they get crossed, can there ever truly be a pure strain? Just curious and you seem to know your stuff.

11. [quote name='"Mangoskunk"']

Because they get crossed, can there ever truly be a pure strain? Just curious and you seem to know your stuff.[/quote]

It's possible but pure bred strains or landraces as they're called are very rare. There are a few landraces still around. Durban Poison if I'm not mistaken is a 100% sativa. Basically it's possible but your average dealer probably isn't going to have any landraces. I know how it feels to want to know what strain you're smoking but sometimes we don't get names and we have no idea what this amazing strain is. It sucks but ehat can you do? Judging by looks alone that doesn't look like any Blue Dream I've ever seen. It may very well be though. Like I said only the grower knows for sure. Get lifted!!!!

12. bingo! :)

13. [quote name='"Nug Love"']

It's possible but pure bred strains or landraces as they're called are very rare. There are a few landraces still around. Durban Poison if I'm not mistaken is a 100% sativa. Basically it's possible but your average dealer probably isn't going to have any landraces. I know how it feels to want to know what strain you're smoking but sometimes we don't get names and we have no idea what this amazing strain is. It sucks but ehat can you do? Judging by looks alone that doesn't look like any Blue Dream I've ever seen. It may very well be though. Like I said only the grower knows for sure. Get lifted!!!![/quote]

Someone outta save some of these seeds before all these wonderful strains slip away!

14. [quote name='"jduce2412"']hmm, i don't know what strain schwag is...[/quote]

Whatever strain they happen to fuck up... If you were trying to say this guys weed is schwag you could just get the fuck off his thread. We don't need people like you on these boards. It's clear that what he has is dank so for you to knowingly disrespect him like that is fucking immature to be quite honest with you. Quit trolling.

15. ^^This

16. I hope thats trolling bc I would like to believe no one is stupid enough to think that

17. Isn't purple more of an indication of the type of climate it was grown in? I'm not very informed with that kinda stuff, so I may be wrong.

18. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']Isn't purple more of an indication of the type of climate it was grown in? I'm not very informed with that kinda stuff, so I may be wrong.[/quote]

I think it has to do with the temperature and other aspects a well, but I don't know much on the subject yet.

19. [quote name='"Mangoskunk"']

I think it has to do with the temperature and other aspects a well, but I don't know much on the subject yet.[/quote]

Yeah, I heard if it's colder its more likely to be purple.

20. [quote name='"Heosphoros"']

Yeah, I heard if it's colder its more likely to be purple.[/quote]

This is true but some strains actually go purple by themselves due to genetics. I'm not 100% sure about that though.