Can someone tell me if this kit is worth the investment

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by charismaw, May 6, 2011.

1. I will be growing autoflowering seeds and then progressing to the more green thumb projects.

Is this kit worth the investment and will i have everything I need to start off with... thanks.

Here is the kit..

2. Thanks so much. I do have very nice neighbors and I can purchase a carbon filter i guess from the same place. I was wondering if I should switch these lights to cfls instead of the hps..what do you think? also, any suggestions on the size of carbon filter I would need?

3. Not bad but you will need to upgrade the ventilation fan before you add a carbon filter. You might be better off piecing it together IMHO.
    ~spacejerk234

4. Has anybody ever used those tents? Because I'm curious ho well they work myself.

5. Also after doing some measuring I have decided to go with the following items from start to finish. I have provided the links to every item so please take a look and tell me what you think. The system comes with t5 grow lights but I will simply swap them with the flowering lights and use that throughout the whole cycle since I will be using the autoflower seeds.

Grow Tent System I will be using

Additional Set of T5 High output warm 3000k lights I will be using for the entire time from seed to harvest

Odor Control System that I will be working with (Please advise me if i need anything other then this.)

Soil that I will be growing in

Nutrient System that I will be using

Thats it! YAY!! Now...will I need anything else like a PH Tester, Ph Up and Down system or Pest control spray?? I have sent that company an email to see if they can give me a discount since I am ordering so much stuff..will keep you posted but please have a thorough look and give me any advice needed. Thanks.

6. That tent is good so are all the choices. I would get a Carbon Filter, ducting and suck out air with that. You also need some sort of fan. CFLs and Tubes might say cool to the touch but that tent can build up some head and those bulbs can put out some heat. You want to keep your tent below 80 perferably only real way to do that with a zipped up tent is exhaust...which you add your Carbon scrubber to.

You will want that because your plants will stink they will stink badly. The odor of weed plants spreads through out a house to if unchecked. Its very distinct.

I have a Carbon Filter inside my tent then this outside it.

http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/728452-diy-ona-odor-control-bucket-cheap-easy.html

7. hmmm, ive never heard or seen that ozone generator before...any reviews on it or know anybody who has used one?

8. You have to be careful with Ozone generators. I personally would not have one. High Ozone levels can make you very sick and small amounts can cause sickness as well.

The Amazon reviews are not to glowing. The EPA also dis's it badly. Saying there all misleading.

The only real way to kill odor is to filter it. Carbon and HEPA air filters push air through tiny tiny holes and trap offensive particles and pump out clean air.

Ozone Generators that are Sold as Air Cleaners | Indoor Air | US EPA

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/neHydro-OZN-jr-Ozone-Generator/dp/B000OC49LK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1304900425&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: OZN-jr. Ozone Generator: Home & Garden[/ame]

9. I'd say the first tent is not a BAAD deal But I would upgrade to the vented hood or serious heat issues I have the same size tent with the 600w MH and its 80-85 with lights on and hoods vented to the basement but this is my first grow and there growing great I have to recommend the MH...BTW htg is my local grow shop and they have some of the cheapest prices around you don't get a pretty purple box when you order there ballast but it has a 5 YEAR WARRANTY!!!!!....GOOD LUCK WITH WHATEVER YOU DO..V

10. If your planning on getting the ozone thingy for about $90 and your worried about the safety of it maybe this is a better idea?
    Its what I bought for my 3'x2'x6' tent and works good.
    ~spacejerk234

11. Sorry to hijak the thread, just one quick question. Has any body used one of those grow cabinets?

12. Think you can piece all that and do better...I would opt for a vented hood or, cooltube with good exhaust fans.

13. Hi,
    hijack again. I have not used the grow cabinet, but my neighbor once brought one. It seems that the plants go well with such cabinet.:D

14. The 4" carbon filter at htg will do that small space just fine I asked the dude that works there what I needed for a 4x4x6.5 and that's what he recommended and I plan on getting it b4 I start flower

15. Thank you so much....I really appreciate that. I am surely going to get the carbon filter and use it along with the ozone generator. They should work well together. I am new to this site and I must say that you all are truly wonderful. I appreciate it. :)

16. Ok. thanks for sharing. I am growing in an apartment space so I need to be aware of the wattage usage that I am using. LOL. I would love to use mh and hps but I dont think thats much of an option. Also, the t5 and cfl dont give off as much heat or use as much wattage so I think my best bet is to stay with those lights. Being that its my first grow I will see how it does. I will call them and ask about the upgrade. I am still waiting to see if they are going to cut me a deal since I am basically buying everything from them. LOL . I will keep you all updated. Dont forget to let us follow your grow!:hello:

17. I got a T5 light set up that uses 452 watts. The difference in bud size and wieght is considerable when compaired to HID lighting. T5 and CFL buds tend to come out more fluffy and wiegh less then buds grown under MH/HPS lights. With that tent I would go with a small air vented light hood maybe a Cooltube with a 4" carbon filter and a 4" HV fan. The booster fan with that kit wont be powerfull enough for a carbon filter. As for a 600 watt digital MH/HPS ballast they are the most efficient when it comes to lumens generated per watt of electricity used. Even my 8 bulb 452 watt T5 grow light I use to veg with puts off some heat not as much as HID though.

18. Idk about the discount online but when I bought all my stuff from the store they thru in some pruners and I got 10% off everything

19. Thanks so much. The system already comes with the inline fan so I guess I will simply need to add that carbon filter to my order. Is there a good thread on here about how to do that ducting everyone is talking about? I want to use the carbon system along with the ona bucket. I have scrapped the ozone generator thanks to you alls many great explanations. You all are the best. :)