Can someone shed some light on this?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jordan21, Oct 29, 2010.

1. So i love smoking bud, but i dont smoke cigarettes. I just dont get whats so great about them. All they do is hurt you and dont even get you high. Can anybody who smokes cigarettes tell me why you do because i am genuanly confused.

This goes for cigars, and smoking any type of tabacco.

2. You usually get a buzz off them. Some like the smell and they are generally relaxing.

On that note, I want one right now.

3. They used to relax me. Now I'm just addicted.

4. I tried them once and it put the taste of ass in my mouth and i didnt feel any different. But thanks for the insight.

5. Relaxing, nice to have someting to smoke.

I will smoke the occcasional ciggarette a few times a month, never becoming addicted. It's all about willpower.

And I throw a chew in quite often. Nice little buzz:eek:

6. If you have a chance to go to a hookah bar Id suggest it. Its a cool place to be and it doesnt taste like cigarettes.

For me, the smell of cigarettes reminds me of theme parks so its linked to good memories.

7. Ya the nicotine gives you a bit of a rush, its nice to start the day with a coffee and a smoke.

I don't overly enjoy the taste of cigarrettes, but I find they relax you a little bit when your stressed out, but its proven that cigs cause stress too so, its kind of counter productive. Not to mention expensive, but its hard to quit, ive done it a thousand times.

8. Former smoker. I quit. Cold turkey. Hardest thing I've ever done. I love the taste of cigarettes. Especially the first one of the day. I loved smoking after a meal. I loved smoking after intercourse. I loved smoking.

Quitting was hard but well worth it. I still crave them on occasion. But, I'd rather have the craving than the illnesses that go along with long term usage.

9. So you guys are saying its relaxing but wouldnt you rather do something productive like workout, or build something? Cus whenever i need to relax i workout.

But my friends say it keeps there high going and gets them higher. Is tht true for you guys aswell?

10. Shisha tobacco is very relaxing for me. I love me some hookah.

Cigarettes have a good nicotine kick, sometimes relaxing, gets me lightheaded at times, which is nice after a joint.

Spliffs pwn, always.

11. I used to be a heavy black n mild smoker but now I keep it strictly budly

12. I find the high seems to increase for a few minutes then goes down hill. I stay high for longer when I don't smoke a cigarette.

13. You said it man.

word for word haha

14. Its easier to light a cigarette than to get yourself to workout.

I need to quit and start running but its not goin so well.

15. i think the main reason i smoke is because it is something that wastes time.

if i'm not working, i'm on the computer or smoking cigarettes.

that and they're delicious with beer.

16. sometimes i just want something to smoke on, and weed at the job is a def no-no

17. I smoke joints like they're cigarettes :confused_2:

Blunts are in a category of their own.

18. No, that's different from smoking cigarettes like weed. Holding in cigarette smoke will tar up your lungs more. Not holding in bud smoke will not let your lungs absorb all the thc and cannabinoids.

19. They relax you, they taste good, smell good and are an excellent ice breaker.

Notice how everyone who is cools smokes? Yeah, that's no coincidence.

20. I did it. Took me eight tries but I did it. Finally, the last time I tried the cinnamon method and it worked. Whenever I had a craving I would chew some cinnamon gum or gargle with cinnamon mouthwash. The really helps after meals when the cravings are strongest. The cravings usually last about 20 minutes and taper off after about 7-8 days. If you can get past that hump then you've fought half the battle. Keep your hands busy. That's the psychological impact of quitting. Chewing cinnamon gum keeps your mouth busy but your hands still need something to do. I started doing beadwork. I'm damn good at it now. I just finished beadworking a pipe pouch using the peyote stitch.

Food is your enemy. You can easily gain 20-30 lbs. during the quitting process. I started running. The adrenalin helps curb the cravings while burning calories. Now I run with The Girl every morning. It has made an amazing difference in my life.

The biggest plus is you get your taste and smell back. You don't realize how much cigarettes blunt your ability to taste and smell. Everything tastes so much better now. :D