Can someone shed some light on led wattage needed.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Stealthsmokerman, Jan 28, 2014.

Of course I do. Two 6" ones. But all the fans in the world won't stop a light burn if the light is too close to the plant, and the plant doesn't like it. It's not a question of heat from the light or in the tent, but intensity. I could put my T5 12" away and no problem, but any decent LED would make plant fritters out of small plants that close.

Maybe on my next LED setup, I might try a switchable, higher wattage LED panel, but that would depend on the growing space and overhead clearance.

2. I was jw cause I noticed u have a lot of plants in there the fans must be be mounted up high aren't they?

Sent from my N9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Yeah, it's crowded. I didn't really plan properly, but that's gonna be adjusted in the future, and more staggered. These tents and lights sort of came up out of the blue. I'm in the process of fabricating DWC buckets, and doing away with the small tubs and smart pots. That tent will get 3-4 5 gal. buckets, and the flower tent 4-6. I have separate cloning cabs.

The fans are actually about 2' from the floor. they're just not in the photo. It's not hot at all in there, even fully buttoned up with the CO2 on it's only 85. My bigger problem was humidity. It's a tradeoff - Better yield or mold. I'm not turning the CO2 on again until they start flowering stage

4. I'm going to sound like a complete Noob but what exactly is DWC? And is it easy to do?

Deep Water Cultivation - No system is painless.

6. Would you do DWC over a soil grow?

7. #147 JerryInDFW, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
    That's the game plan after these go into flower. The pots there are mixed coco and perlite, but a hydro grow, to me anyhow, just seems a lot less fussy.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Is galaxy hydro 600w LED light any good? I was thinking about buying one but not at the expense of my garden.