Can someone shed some light on led wattage needed.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Stealthsmokerman, Jan 28, 2014.

1. [quote name="Emma & Dave" post="19424537" timestamp="1390949946"]you can do anything you want my friend. :) theirs hardly any rules to growing cannabis.but under one mars 400 i would be willing to bet you could do two nice sized plants in a 3x3 tent.[/quote]Freaking A!! Thanks man +rep would it be cheaper to make a tent or buy one? Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

2.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/32-x32-x60-Mylar-Hydroponics-Grow-Tent-Room-2-6X2-6X5-Clone-T003-/310770368713?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item485b5b80c9

thats a good starter tent. making your own might be like 30 cheaper... but this tent will sure make you a lot happier.

3. [quote name="Emma & Dave" post="19424741" timestamp="1390951701"] http://www.ebay.com/itm/32-x32-x60-Mylar-Hydroponics-Grow-Tent-Room-2-6X2-6X5-Clone-T003-/310770368713?pt=US_Hydroponics&hash=item485b5b80c9thats a good starter tent. making your own might be like 30 cheaper... but this tent will sure make you a lot happier.[/quote]You wouldn't happen to have a link for the light would ya? I can't find it anywhere Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

4. http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1460251571/mars_ii_2013_new_led_grow.html?s=p

contact the supplier and talk to them, you can usually make a deal with em.

5. [quote name="Emma & Dave" post="19425401" timestamp="1390957170"]http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/1460251571/mars_ii_2013_new_led_grow.html?s=pcontact the supplier and talk to them, you can usually make a deal with em.[/quote]What do you mean deal? Like lower the price? Cause I thought that was a site where you have to buy mass quantity of an item Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

6. basically that site is like ebay, except... lamer.
    but essentially, through that website, or through LG-led solutions you can directly contact the supplier, and just ask for the light directly. i got my 900w for 350 after shipping man. the 400 shouldn't run you more than 200. maybe 225 after shipping. and it'll be worth it man.

7. [quote name="Emma & Dave" post="19425478" timestamp="1390957779"]basically that site is like ebay, except... lamer.but essentially, through that website, or through LG-led solutions you can directly contact the supplier, and just ask for the light directly. i got my 900w for 350 after shipping man. the 400 shouldn't run you more than 200. maybe 225 after shipping. and it'll be worth it man.[/quote]Ik I plan on getting one... But with the size of the grow tent would the 400 work? Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

8. So do you need a air cooled hood or reflector or something? To go with it or jus the lightSent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. the 400 will work, especially if you are only doing 2 plants. that about 90 LED watts each. actual wattage, so thats a good start.
    i you have the money, the 900w like i have is supposedly capable of yielding a pound.
    but yes, for starting out, the 400 will do. you should always remember, its hard to overdo it on lighting.

nope, just the light. its simple as hell. if i dont have any exhaust going or fans, my tent cruzes at about 82.
    so no need for any ac, air cooled hoods or anything.

10. #30 dyse702, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    So jus some ducting. Inline fan carbon filter and a few fans with the tent and your good right? Do you still need a ballast?Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. [quote name="Emma & Dave" post="19425798" timestamp="1390961311"]the 400 will work, especially if you are only doing 2 plants. that about 90 LED watts each. actual wattage, so thats a good start.i you have the money, the 900w like i have is supposedly capable of yielding a pound.but yes, for starting out, the 400 will do. you should always remember, its hard to overdo it on lighting.nope, just the light. its simple as hell. if i dont have any exhaust going or fans, my tent cruzes at about 82.so no need for any ac, air cooled hoods or anything.[/quote]How long does it normally take for them to respond? Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

yes on the fans and filter, and no on the ballast. plug and play. although, don't be decieved by the "low energy draw" aspect of LEDS... they can still draw alot, so use nice timers and surge protectors. yada yada.

if you tell them you are looking to buy a light asap they should respond within 24-48 hours. but they are in china, so respect the fact that they may operate on a different time sched. than your timezone :p they always got back to me at like 1 am lmao
    but it only took me like 6 days to finalize the order and decide on what i actually wanted and then the light was at my door within 4 days of payment. it was packeged well, came with some manufacturer coupons and a well built hanger.

13. [quote name="Emma & Dave" post="19426695" timestamp="1390970451"]yes on the fans and filter, and no on the ballast. plug and play. although, don't be decieved by the "low energy draw" aspect of LEDS... they can still draw alot, so use nice timers and surge protectors. yada yada. if you tell them you are looking to buy a light asap they should respond within 24-48 hours. but they are in china, so respect the fact that they may operate on a different time sched. than your timezone :p they always got back to me at like 1 am lmaobut it only took me like 6 days to finalize the order and decide on what i actually wanted and then the light was at my door within 4 days of payment. it was packeged well, came with some manufacturer coupons and a well built hanger.[/quote]Man thanks u have been a huge help. Wish I could burn one with ya man I think it would be awesome u seem like a cool dude always helping outWhy so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

14. Sound like a good deal to me considering you don't have to buy a ballast, hood, or bulbs...... Neato

15. [quote name="Jr.9109" post="19427092" timestamp="1390973762"]Sound like a good deal to me considering you don't have to buy a ballast, hood, or bulbs...... Neato[/quote]Ik it would be perfect to use year round Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

16.  thanks man, but thats what this website is for!
    its for sharing and learning information for the greater good of the cannabis community. :)
    anything i can help with. i will
    long distance bowl burnin, i'm passin it your way right now haha

17. [quote name="Emma & Dave" post="19429029" timestamp="1391012184"] thanks man, but thats what this website is for!its for sharing and learning information for the greater good of the cannabis community. :)anything i can help with. i willlong distance bowl burnin, i'm passin it your way right now haha[/quote]You would be surprised as to how many assholes are on this sight. You ask a little question and they try to belittle you and tell you to do research. Then I chime in and belittle them even worse because of my extensive vocabulary. Then tend to not like me after that lolWhy so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

18. #38 Jr.9109, Jan 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
    I'm sold, looking at the the lifespan of this light is 50,000 hours. Did a little math that's 5.7 years of continuous 24 hours on. Damn!

It's going to be awhile before I grow but nice to get things planned.

19. [quote name="Jr.9109" post="19429253" timestamp="1391014757"]I'm sold, looking at the the lifespan of this light is 50,000 hours. Did a little math that's 5.7 years of continuous 24 hours on. Damn!It's going to be awhile before I grow but nice to get things planned.[/quote]Ik I am going to put a order in for a couple of them I didn't realize how good led lights wereWhy so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

20. Nice bro, 2 of those should really produce! I've narrowed my grow down to a 3x3 tent running 2-3 plants when the time comes.