Can someone please lend me a hand in helping determining what's happening??

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by NCDROGRO, Oct 22, 2010.

1. #1 NCDROGRO, Oct 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2010
    Hello All :wave: a couple days ago I started noticing what looked to be a def. it seems to me atleast possibly a Mg/Mn, N, or maybe Cal but I'm not that experienced in determining this & am in dire need of some help. I kinda tend to think it's a Mg/Mn or N and not so much a Cal def because they have been receiving doses of Calmag.

I recall having this issue slightly on my plants last grow around when they were the same age but from what I remember after a few feedings of bloom nutes I think it got better atleast it didn't worsen. Here is some info of temps, and what current feedings nute schedule has been.

I am using FFOF, along with their trio of nutes and also calmag. They are in 5ga. pots & under a 600W HPS which is about 22-24'' above the canopy. They are in week 7 since sprout and just went into flowering 2 days ago.

The temps are running in the 75-79 range in the day occasionally hitting 80 every once in awhile but it's usually around a steady 77-78. At night the temps are running around 73-76 usually at a steady 73-74. RH is around 48-58.

I started feeding veg nutes (FF GB) week 4 gave them 1/2tsp. GB, 1tsp. calmag then followed by just pH'd watering. week 5 they just got plain pH'd watering's. week 6 they got 1tsp. GB, 1tsp. calmag, 2 Tbl. Big bloom followed w/ a pH'd watering with calmag. Then week 7 they just got their first dose of bloom nutes 1tsp. TB, 1Tbl. BB now their due for a pH'd watering here soon.

I've been constantly racking my brain of what this could be & now that I think about it more & more after their first feeding in week 4 might not have been enough nutes especially N seeing how they didn't get their next dose until beginning of week 6. I also kinda feel that its a Mg/Mn def. still seeing how the plants prob used what little was in the soil and during just the plain watering's whatever was left in the soil was leached out I just don't know :confused:

I'm thinking a shot of epsom salts 1tsp. might not be a bad idea & couldn't hurt and their due for a pH'd watering soon but just want to try to figure out if this is a Mg/Mn def. before going ahead & giving them it?

Below are some pics of the best shots I could get of what's going on, their is also a link to my journal in my sig. If someone can please help me out I'd really really appreciate it greatly thanks in advance - NCDROGRO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I also suppose I should mention & note that there is some reddish color hue in some stems but don't know if I should just chalk that up to the strains genetics :confused:

3. what is the ph of the runoff

4. #4 NCDROGRO, Oct 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2010
    Hey what's up theinkman, The pH runoff is around 6.1-6.4, and water/nutes are pH adjusted at around 6.5-6.7 every watering/feeding. I've read a few places though that pH runoff isn't always a sure sign of what the soils pH actually is whether that's true or not I don't know but that's just what I've come across through reading.

5. is it possible it could be nute burn

6. Personally I really don't think so, I've been fairly easy on the feeding strength from the get-go. I'm really lost here and extremely worried since they're due for a watering soon I'm debating on whether to go w/ a pH'd calmag feeding or go the epsom salts rout? Anyone else care to take a stab at this one please :(:confused:

7. That looks like a Potassium (K) deficit to me. You might use more of your bloom nute to get the K coverage you need maybe?

8. i'd say try a reasonable feeding with calmag included. i'm familiar with those spots lol

9. Hey fracturtle, yeah that's what I was thinking before going ahead & using epsom salts I'd only rather use that as a last resort. LOL yeah damn spots had this same problem last grow but only on 2 plants and not as bad, hopefully this dose of calmag will clear it up actually might go with back to back doses of it. Appreciate the reply will keep ya updated.

10. Sometimes pics can be misleading and your's was blurry. You yourself said that you had addressed the cal-mag issue by giving it cal-mag, more times than once even. If it was a calcium problem, you wouldn't be continueing to have this problem with so much calcium already feed to it... so i wanted to post this pic so you could do a better comparison for yourself of what a Kdef can look like in a broad leaf. Just another 2cents.

Attached Files:

11. Hey Skunk, thank you very much for the reply & for the pic it may very well be a K def then maybe I miss diagnosed. If that's the case and it's a K def, then since I just started feeding bloom nutes this week (big bloom & tiger bloom) hopefully that will clear it up after a few feedings.