can someone please give me a diognosis

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by 4Sub2Noize0, Apr 28, 2009.

1. I put seven seedlings in little decomposable seedling cups. I then put the cups into a hanging flower pot and hung it on my fence. It rained for like four days straight but then there where about two days of strong beutiful sunshine. when i checked on the plants the dirt was dry and the plants where a little shriveled up. I watered them but two days later still no change. I dont know what the problem it because i put one seedling in a soda bottle with holes in the botton for drainedge, and that plant is already about three inches tall. I hung the soda bottle right next to the cups. one seedling poped out of the dirt but its stem is a little twisted and the top tiny leaves are shrivleed and discolored. Two didnt even pop out the dirt, and three poped outa the dirt but shriveled into crisps.

I'm sad and confused, somone please help me :(

P.S. sorry for the long story, just tryin to explain everything in hope for a better diognostic.

~Thanx

2. rains kept em too wet and the the hot sun steamed the babies.Old timers in the geardening world called it scalding and it can happen even to big plants if you water em in the hot ass sun and get the leaves wet.I also never could get a decent plant using the peat pellet things...good soil in a pot ,hell even a tin can worked better for me.As long as the pot is big enough not to dry out in a single day so they dont dry out and die while you are busy somewhere else.