can someone please explain something to me??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stealthsmokerman, Jan 29, 2014.

1. OK I have been reading over how important it is to light proof your grow area when I thought of this. OK when a marijuana plant is out doors the moon reflects light from the sun which is still light its supposed to be dark so why would it matter if there is a tiny peep hole of light? You can sit in a grow room for an hour with the lights on outside the room and only make out shadows where as the moon u can damn near read a book. Makes no sense to me. Sounds like some paranoid indoor growers obsessive paranoias Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

2. [quote name="greenbudguy" post="19427332" timestamp="1390975992"]Experiment. Leave your flowering area open so light doesn't directly go in but enough like moon light. Enough to see the plants inside. If it's just paranoid indoor growers, you'll be fine current growhttp://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/906719-greenbudguy's-"perpetual"-grow[/quote]I will do that on my next grow I have just read it soo much lol ya know Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

3. im sorry but you will get hermies...i had one grow go hermie...but then again it could've been the strain..

4. Haha see it is possible that the room doesn't have to be completely darkWhy so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

5. maybe the moonlight is in a different spectrum or maybe its not even on the spectrum..it could be like a torch(sun) heating a iron ball or whatever the moon is made of like some luminescence gives off light in a spectrum our eye's can see but not identifiable by the chlorophil.. 

6. So I guess I should chime in.. hello stealth as you are well aware im am on a reveg reflower and also on a seed project I have light leaks and yet I have not hermied it maybe due to strain or if its predisposed to hermie aka feminized seeds. But to be honest the moon is brighter then some light leaks tend to be im not one to ask since ive never had a light proof box to keep my plants in

-------------------------------
    my journals

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1244732-First-cfl-grow-lst-and-topping

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1273691-Root-trimming

7. ever seen a torch heat up metal in a pitchdark room it lights up the room alil..

8. [quote name="cpt TeTra" post="19427429" timestamp="1390976951"]maybe the moonlight is in a different spectrum or maybe its not even on the spectrum..it could be like a torch(sun) heating a iron ball or whatever the moon is made of like some luminescence gives off light in a spectrum our eye's can see but not identifiable by the chlorophil.. [/quote]But you got to think in most cases its reflected light just like the sun and moon scenerio still shouldn't effect itWhy so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

9. I grow in a closet. The closet door remains open 24/7 (unless the landlord is over doing repairs).  There is a CFL lamp about 8 feet from the open door- it shines right in there. There is a small fluorescent light for my seedlings about 12 feet from the closet to my left and another CFL lamp to my right illuminating my key board. Right now the closet lights are off and the door is open.

I have had this set-up going for over 14 years.  I have had exactly TWO hermies in that time!  :eek: 

Now maybe the Ganja Goddess just loves me 'cause I'm "Granny", and shields me from hermies.... but I really think this "light causes hermies" business is WAY over blown! I think it may be more poor growing practices, or weak genetics.

Granny

10. Hemi is almost completely genetic.

Iv grown a very large number of plants of different strains spanning 4 decades and have never grown a single hermi.

I had to go to a friends house to see one.

11. well if the light leak which be a ray form like a lazer if it touches the plant the chlorophill will be activated or stay active

12. [quote name="cpt TeTra" post="19427437" timestamp="1390977035"]ever seen a torch heat up metal in a pitchdark room it lights up the room alil..[/quote]Still if it's reflected there is no heat Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

13. the heat doesnt matter only useing it as a metaphor..main thing is the glowing hot metal gives off light..

14. it could've been come too think of it it was only one strain that hermied... :smoke:

15. [quote name="cpt TeTra" post="19427449" timestamp="1390977244"]well if the light leak which be a ray form like a lazer if it touches the plant the chlorophill will be activated or stay active[/quote]No because darkness weakens small amounts of light through distance traveled so by the time it reached the plant it wouldn't amount to anything Why so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D

16. well i had an epiphany and i dont know if light leaks will do anything bad...maybe airy buds 

17. [quote name="cpt TeTra" post="19427459" timestamp="1390977383"]the heat doesnt matter only useing it as a metaphor..main thing is the glowing hot metal gives off light..[/quote]OK I have a coiled space heater 2 ft below my setup only thing separating them is a board it glows underneath the board hasn't effected any growth by what I can tellWhy so serious????? He puts the bong to my mouth!! WHY SO SERIOUS???? LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE!!! *bongin* (cough cough) :D