Can someone PLEASE answer this question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kazamere, Mar 10, 2008.

1. I've asked this twice before and never got an answer SOMEBODY here must know.

What is a good rooting medium for clones going into grow rocks? It will be an ebb and flow system.

TIA!

2. rock wool bye

3. 1" square oasis (rockwool) cubes.

4. Another Option could be Rapid Rooters ( Never tried, Was pointed to this ) Or Jiffy Pellets. Same thing but i think one has different Chemicals.

Edit: And Search and Google knows all! They are the Brains!

5. yea i used rapid rooters and had no problem

6. OK thanks! I was going to use those jiffy peat things but read that they hold too much water and can rot the roots.

7. I never use medium for my clones. I hate how rock wool always tends to mold on me.

I like to use a cloner that uses 'foam pucks' that insert into the holes on top. All you do is dip your cutting into some cloning gel, and then insert them into the pucks, and then place the pucks in the holes of the cloner.

The pucks allow you to just expose a the bottom tip of the cutting into the tub, then inside the cloner (20 gallon tub) there is just a pump, and you add just enough water to cover it. Then connect the pump to a pipe that has some 'irrigation spinners' on it. And the pump will force the water through the irrigation spinners, and make the inside of the 20 gal tub a veritable mist, perfect for growing roots.

From there the cuttings will root very fast. and once you have some decent roots you can just put them into the rocks, as is.

Generally speaking the rocks will only provide you with a relative level of plant stability, until they start getting big and top heavy. So be careful, you might need to stablize your plant.

8. Thanks HGM. The budget was already blown on a digital HPS and hydro unit and pH TDS wand (not to mention nutes, etc) so a cloner is out. Is there a better medium than rockwool?

9. water, with an airstone. a cloner would be the best way to go though bro.

10. rockwool, end of story

11. Just remember to cover the damn rockwool with a cardboard cutout so that the light doesnt mold it

12. I was thinking of just putting a layer of grow rocks over the top.

Also, the rockwool is wrapped on 4 sides in plastic, can I just leave that on and poke a hole in 1 side for the clone?

Thanks!:hello:

13. Yes, my question is also related to this, has any-one every personally used Super Plugs Rapid Rooters with cloning gel? And if they have is it have a good success rate? I will be using rapid rooters with a drip system, so basically the same as the "misters". I think:rolleyes: