Can someone help please.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by OWWIE, Mar 8, 2017.

1. I'm new to growing . My seedlings are 14 days old. Using Coco soil and cocoa a & b for food. ive noticed the bottom leaves have curled in wards. I'm assuming this is not normal. The leaves are green
    My temp during day is 26.2 . They have 18 hours light (led red & blue) and 6 hours dark. The dark temp is 22.
    I been feeding 11am. Andn10.50pm. And 6pm I give water with ph 5.8.

IMG-20170308-WA0034.jpeg IMG-20170308-WA0038.jpeg IMG-20170308-WA0034.jpeg IMG-20170308-WA0038.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. Feeding it what????

3. Coco A and Coco B.

4. The store i got set up from said i use these with the coco professional plus. Soil

Attached Files:

5. I am an advocate of feeding lightly from the beginning when growing in coco, but feeding twice a day and water alone once a day is too much for a plant that size. Did you pre-charge the coco? How high of a nute solution are you feeding? Never, ever give a plant just water when growing in coco. They look stretched - your light may be too high. I suggest a pH of 6.0 - calcium and magnesium are more available at that range.

• Like Like x 1
  6. It was i have lowered it almost a week ago.
    Only thing in coco. Is water. Coco a and coco b and some roots stimulator. Ph was done at 6.0 1489000274299199260757.jpg

7. Today i moved light up slightly. As worried light stress plant.

8. I'm confused. In your original post you said the pH was 5.8 now you say 6.0. What strength nutrient solution are you using? Find out from your light manufacturer what distance they suggest from the top of the plant. Why are you feeding twice a day and water once a day? Did someone tell you to do that? Consider adding more coco to the container to bury some of that stem.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Only plain water is ph 5.8. The coco mix is 6.
    I did just feed once a day but it looked limp. I been reading google and read that the plant may be dehydrated to give plain water that is ph balanced between 5.5 and 6.0. . I done that looked fine until i took plant out this afternoon and had a look around and noticed them leaves curling. It is only happening to the 1 plant. The 2nd one looks absolutely fine.
    Yes i someone else said to feed twice a day. I only added water into routine to make sure was hydrated . I been reading so many things in thought in end best to ask for help.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Ok. Do you feed to run off and do you have sufficient holes in the bottom for good drainage? If so - check the pH of your run off - it should be about the same as what's going in. Feeding more than once a day is fine for a mature plant with an established root system - not the size plant you have, and as I stated before - never feed just water in coco. You never answered my question regarding nute strength and pre charging your coco. I suggest you stop doing the 3 times a day thing - your plant probably looked limp when watering once a day because the coco was too wet, not because of dehydration - don't feed for a day or so - then feed with 1/4 strength nutes pH'd at 6.0 until 20% run off and check the pH of your run off. Do this every other day until the roots become established and start to fill the container. Do check with your light manufacturer on distance. I attached a pic at 2 weeks old being fed once a day at 1/4 strength nutes.

2 weeks.JPG

11. Thank you for help. Im not sure on nutrients. Will ask my partner on what he put in mix. I don't think he added any tbh. Guessing he assumed was already in soil. Will also start checking run off something i never did. Would you think it would be ok to repot with fresh coco soil. Will add more drainage to the pot and will get precharge..he said the coco mix done at 1.4 (what label on jar) . Sorry for confusion. (No clue whats 6.0.mix was)

13. Good luck. Peace.

14. the plant needs time to develop roots and if you keep throwing more food into the soil than youll push out the oxygen that the roots need. let it go without food until you start to see signs of deficiencies then start with a 1/4 strenght and move ur way up. always precharge coco

15. I agree with some of what you said - but feeding/watering does not push out oxygen, it pulls in fresh oxygen to the roots. That's assuming of course that they are in an aerated coco and not in mud.

• Like Like x 1
  16. thats if your feeding constantly . im too high to remeber exactly what it said lol but everytime u add food ,your oxygen levels go down especially if the plant isnt using the nutes. So the higher the EC the less oxygen your medium has inside and in turn the less oxygen your roots take in

17. Are you actually talking about coco? I have never heard that higher EC in your medium means less oxygen. It doesn't make sense to me - could you please produce some sort of proof of your statement? Because even 100% coco that is saturated still holds 30% oxygen, and if perlite is added it will hold even more oxygen. I feed my plants to 20% run off every day from the first day they sprout, and they thrive. Look at the pic I included in this thread to see what can be achieved by daily feeding in coco.

• Like Like x 1
  18. its biology, honeslty i cant remember how to go to the page i was reading cus i went through a shit load but if you read about the properties of h20 and o2 youll get what im talking about. and im just talking about water and any soils in general .