Can someone help me with my setup.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by lock_down, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Ok so im gonna have a space of 11'x15' to set up my grow room. I want to split it up into 4 rooms, 1 for flowering, 1 for vegging, 1 for drying, and 1 for my clones/mother plants. Going to go hydro with the bubbleponic setup(open to other suggestions) with 5 gal buckets. Ideally i would like to have 12 plants vegging, and 12 plants flowering, but may start with as few as 6 plants (depending on the availability of clones). Just wondering what size lights would be sufficient for my vegging, and flowering room (hps, mh or fluor)planning it out for 6-12 plants each room. Not trying to have anything overkill, just something sufficient to light it all up. Thinking of a bubbleponic setup, would i be able to get 1-2 big pumps and use for my whole setup, because i have seen 12 way splitters. Also wondering if i could get a 14 or 18 gal tub and put 3 plants into it or just stick with my 5 gal buckets.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    PS: if you think a different setup might be better for what im doing, dont be afraid to share:D

2. #2 BAGZ, Dec 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2009
    Do you know how big your going to make your veg and flowering rooms yet? I would personally go with 2 - 600 watt Hps for flowering and a 600 or 1000 watt watt Mh for veg, But you could probably use just 1 600wat hps for flowering and a 400-600 watt mh for veg depending on you room sizes.

3. I might be looking at a room sized about 7.5x5. Not too sure yet still working out hte numbers.

4. #4 MrBooMY, Dec 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2009
    Bubble buckets are the way to go my friend. unless you have the money to get into piping up a resivour to a big tub, you would have to circulate that water and youd might have nute build up with a system like that. Also I wouldnt make a whole room for curing/drying. check out my thread. i have a curing box that i made. not saying you have to do the same thing. but you could do something simular and make more room for plants. you really only need 2 rooms. mothers/clones/veg plants can all be in one room. flowering in another.

5. Y don't U just have 2 rooms 1 room if U have the space & set it up right can be for Veg, Mothers & clones & Ur biggest room should be for flowering ur 12-plants

6. You have a limited space to work with, so here is my idea:

Divide it into three spaces total.

Either 2X 1000W HPS Lamps for flowering if you can disperse the heat enough, or 2X 600W HPS Lamps if heat is an issue. These can be placed over one 4X8 table, oe a couple of 4X4s. This room would be at the back of the complete grow chamber because the lights are only on 12 hours per day and the veg room must be accessed at times when the flowering lights are off.

In the center of the grow chamber is the cloning, mothering, and veging room. This is a single 1000W or 600W Lamp over a 4X4 or 3X3 table, and a tripple decker flourescent setup. On the bottom of the tripple decker are your moms. They are the biggest and bulkiest so they stay on the bottom. In the middle are your well-rooted cuttings ready to be placed under your 1000W veg light, and on top are the cuttings and seedlings (they like the warmth). 4X2 is plenty of space for the stacked lights. You can pack a lot of flourescents in a 2X4 space, and the moms can get plenty bushy too.

The first room is the room you can dry in. Each room can be separated with framed walls, but I suggest using smaller lumber for the framing because you need all the space you can get. A shitload of ventilation and CO2 and you should be cool...

Here is a diagram, see what you think. Good luck!

Attached Files:

7. Thanks for all the help, very good info here.

8. Individualized bubble buckets require a lot of attention, and if you have plants packed into the corner of your flowering room, it will be very difficult to get to reservoirs and pumps.

If there is room go for it, otherwise just use one or two reservoirs and the gang valve.

irrigationdirect.com has some awesome 1/2" and 1/4" irrigation supplies, and they are pretty fair as far as prices go.

Good luck!:wave:

9. I have a similar room I'm working on for a client. I will post some pictures. I had to make it versatile because he isn't sure if he was going to expand his grow. What I did was split the room into two spaces. One side I built a 36 inch shelf 48 inches up. Currently I hung two 2x4 8 bulb T5's and one 2x2 8 bulb T5 in a row above the shelf. We debated installing under the shelf but there is a ton a flexiblity. The opposing wall is a raised 4x8 tray. Running three 600 watt lumatek lights. I know I have opened myself up for debate on lighting choice but that is another topic. This should give you plenty of space to walk down the isle. They do sell 4x8 tents if your are worried about the veg lights. Just wanted to give you a couple things to think about. I'll post pictures soon. I'm growroomconstruction. com website coming soon. With tons of ideas and pictures of cool builds.