Can someone help me with a soil question??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Zeke335, Jan 25, 2009.

1. #1 Zeke335, Jan 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009
    I'm looking for soil to grow MJ here in the UK. Can anyone recommed good soil that can be used from Seedling to havest?? (I don't want to transplant)

I have bio bizz light soil, would what work for groing MJ?

Anyone know of any other soil avalable in the UK that work for MJ groing?

2. I've used Fox Farm Ocean Forest for all my grows and it has never let me down. I dunno if it's available in the UK though.

3. Hey Zeke, well I guess you could go to your local nursery and get some potting soil or you could just mix up some of your own.

The soil you use is up to you. Maybe make a mix of some organic compost, perlite, vermiculite and peat moss. All of which you can buy at any decent garden shop. The cool thing about doing it this way is you can customise the soil to your exact specs. Such as drainage, water retention, nutrients etc...

4. Me and a buddy are about to start our 2nd grow. We used MG dirt and wasn't impressed the first go around so we are gonna mix our own dirt this time. 50% pro mix, 25% perlite,25% horse manure, and a little lime. I just ordered the 3 foxfarm nute pack for feeding. The MG dirt didn't drain well and I beleive we got some nute burn when we tried to add nutrients. So this time we are gonna try to start with something more nuetral.

5. I use straight Promix and to the poster above all the Promix blends I have used already contain perlite :) I have tried to DR my own formula a few times but couldn't ever find any advantages. I have also grown in Fox Farm, good stuff. The Tri pack of Fox Farm nutrients is great, just make sure you follow the schedule online and not what is written on the bottles :)