Can someone help me out with this? (Alcohol making)

Discussion in 'General' started by BigfuckingFirehose, Oct 21, 2015.

1. So, I'm making my own homemade Pruno (and yes you've heard me right). The reason I am doing this is because I am totally bored out of my fucking mind right now (as usual) and have decided to make my own brew.

Since I don't have any fermentation caps, demijohns, yeast or anything else that would assure me a good brew, I am instead turning to making it the street way (or shall I say prison?).

Here are my issues and how I'm doing it: I used Apples. Not Oranges. The reason is simple. I don't have Oranges. But the problem is that it took me WAYY fucking longer doing this than it would with Oranges. Instead of peeling them off with my fingers and placing them in the bag, I had to take 10 individual Apples, slice them in a few pieces, cut out the rinds and seeds along with the stems (if I wasn't able to pluck them out right) and the bottom part, before taking all the sliced halves and painfully trying to mash them up for over 30 minutes, noticed there was a rear in the first plastic bag, had to place it inside another one, and continued for about another 15-20 minutes before it was about good enough and poured it all including the canned and mushed pineapples into a third bag and made sure I got all the juice out that was collected in the second bag.

Now here's where the REAL problem comes in: I didn't have any hot water running at the moment I placed it first under the sink and the bath tub (it was semi-warm). After continuously worrying about more water getting into the bag and continually lifting it up, I placed it under a bath tub (even at one point into a shower, but decided not to), and after a near 15 minutes, took it out and wrapped it in a towel and stuck it in a drawer. I just peaked at it a minute ago and the bag has definitely inflated and I can see some vapor that has collected in it. Did I do this right (as in is it working)?

2. I don't know what the hell you're trying to do, just ferment some fruit? You should add yeast and sugar to get it going, and you should put it all in a jug so you can put an airlock on the top. Gasses must come out, but no air should go in.

If you live in grape country like I do, you can buy raw grape juice that you can ferment, come in gallon plastic jugs, take em home put some yeast and sugar in it, put on the airlock and let er work for a week or two. Was a long time ago I made it, and I think when the bubbling slows down out of the airlock yer nearly done. I used raw apple cider, tasted pretty good.

You can buy fancy tools to test the doneness if you want, or not. Just drink it.

And post pix or GTFO!