Can someone help me out right here?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by zjsladek, Jul 25, 2012.

1. So i started smoking about a month ago. It was on July 2nd when i took my first hit of MJ. So since then my new hobby has sort of taken off. I have a little Dynamite Distributions Bong and a cheap $10 glass spoon pipe. Both were bought at a head shop about 500 ft from my house. (lol)

Anyways. I really want to expand my collection and once i get some more money saved up (had to buy a car so my bank account is lookin' pretty sorry right now) i plan to get a really good bong set up. :bongin: The problem is that i don't really know that much about all the attachments and what not. Like percolators, ash catcher, etc.

My question to the community is: Can you guys offer some insight on what all the attachments are, what they do, and how to operate them properly? Also it would be sweet if someone could maybe hook me up on what a good bong-attachment set up might look like. [EDIT] the budget would be about $150

Any information is greatly appreciated! You guys rock. :gc_rocks:

2. for 150, I'd say don't ever worry about ashcatchers and precoolers. Usually the good one's start at around 150 lol.

For 150 you can get a nice straight tube, Even a gridded stemline, like by ssfg or apix.

or if you want, you can goto the other 100 threads that people make saying they wanna spend 100-200 and see what they bought:p

3. You dont need to get "attachments" so to say haha. All you need is a pretty decent bong. Look around online at just getting a new bong or at that head shop if they have some better quality glass. Then you can get an ash catcher or a new downstem after that depending on what type of piece you choose to get. Thats my opinion

4. What does a change in down stem accomplish? Like what is the benefit in changing it?

5. usually when you get a tube they just include a cheapo downstem, like with 6 slits or so. They are not bad, but in a straight tube you want the most diffusion you can get and only thing diffusing is the downstem, so people like to upgrade to showerhead down stems or so. I think a lot of people like Alex K downstems. I never had to get one lol, so im not sure

6. If I only had around 150$ id get a SSFG travel tube, pretty sure they make beakers and straight tubes. And buy a sovereignty gridded downstem

7. My first piece was a grav labs with a very basic showerhead downstem, nothing special. It was only $110 though which was a good investment because I bought a sovereignty gridded downstem for it and it hit like a champ. You may want to look into getting a beaker or straight tube with just a downstem if you're looking to spend around $150

8. The kind of piece and percs / attachments totally depends on what you like... less drag, more diffusion, quicker clears, etc. Ash catchers make cleaning easier but add drag. Percs add smoothness but making cleaning harder, and so on.

There is no "best" bong, just what you prefer.

Myself personally, I bought a 7mm Cheech beaker bottom and never looked back... I could never ruin the smooth clear that thing has with an ash catcher.