Can someone help me determine if i should trim more leaves for light penetration

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kUshl0rd, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ive already done one trimming i would say i clipped 8 leaves off from each plant (none from main colas) and i helped a lot. My question is; should i trim more? they are still a little cramped for space. Take a look at the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tried to get as many angles as possible. Any advice will be appreciated

2. Trimming is a personal preference. Your'e gonna get some that say trim and some that say never trim. I let my plants grow the way they want, and pluck leaves when theyre dying and I can pull them off with my fingers. You're theory implies that you feel the buds recieving light makes the buds bigger. Others would argue that the bud doesnt need to get the sunlight, rather the plant as a whole. Trial and error. You'll have to decide. Do them side by side and see if the trimmed or untrimmed does better. I personally feel in the end, genetics, enviroment, and fulfilling nute needs will ultimatly detrmine weight more or less.

3. Yeah i guess i assume more light on the lower branches meant bigger but it makes sense the plant would act as a whole. That actually makes it easier and since i already did a little trimming because they definitely dont have as much space as i would want them to i think ill just leave them

4. i trim or tuck all fan leaves blockin' light to bud sites:smoke:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

works good for me:smoke:

5. Yeah it's personal preference. Personally, I would definitely trim more. I can see some big ass fan leaves that are blocking light from lower bud sites. Any time I see that, it comes off.

6. at what point does cutting off leaves affect growth though?

7. by the time mine are done veggin' i have most of the main trim done...then its a couple leaves every few days ta clear bud sites..just go easy and the plants will show no slowdown:smoke:

8. Yup.

A few fan leaves here and there won't slow down anything. It will just allow the lower sites to receive light and increase growth.

I only notice slow down when I trim off a huge pile of fan leaves. As in almost every big fan leaf on the whole plant. That slows them down for a couple days, but just a few fans won't do that.