Can someone give me some advice?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by legalizeme, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Hi all reading this. I am 18 and am attending LSU for my first semester. Earlier tonight, I was enjoying a bowl in my dorm with a vaporizer. I have a system worked out to perfection so no smell goes farther than my room. Well, I forgot that this weed is so dank that the RA's smelled it while I wasn't even smoking. Yeah so you can see that the cops came, took my bud and vape, then gave me a misdemeanor charge that I will have to pay on my own and possibly a jail sentence depending on the judge's decision. I will be kicked out of the dorm by christmas break and have no where to live next semester. My family still lives in New Orleans an hour away. On top of that all my friends go to LSU.

Someone help me keep my cool, shit. I hate how this is legal. I was reading earlier that people were surprised about Obama not legalizing weed. Wow, I mean I saw this coming but I never thought that it would seriously effect my life. But now, I have realized that no president will change anything. Obama should be charged with libel and slander for his slogan "change." There's never going to be any change because all of our politicians are a part of the machine. The machine made by corporation owners and crooked representatives.

Ok, I kind of lost my track. As you can all see I'm a little thrown off in the head right now. I am really just looking for someone like me to help me get through this charge :(

2. u wud luv australia man the laws on drugs down here are a slap on the wrist. :smoking:

3. that SUCKS
    D:
    I agree with you.. voting for president is like choosing between a douche bag and a turd sandwich..
    Find a roomie who tokes, live in peace for the rest of your school year ;)

4. that seriously SUCKS!
    best thing to do is just keep your cool nothing is going to help you
    if you have a bitch fit
    search for a new place to live
    the judge will probably give you probation and pay for the court fee's.

5. Thats fucked up.

and about Obama, that guys just a cute little fairy tale story thats going to turn into a trainwreck soon. All those cute speeches and how hes the first black president don't mean shit

6. rent an apartment off campus

7. how much bud did you have?? i would think if it was just a small amount youd get ticketed for it and written up in the dorm, maybe probation in the dorm. and if its your first offense why would you go to jail?

i have buddies who got caught with possession and paraphernalia in our dorm, they just got the poss/para tickets and had pay the fines and take alcohol/drug classes. and got put on probation in the dorm. other buddies who got caught multiple times by the ras and they just ended up getting kicked out of that dorm and could move to another.

i guess it depends on what your school/state is like but that seems like a bit much. are you for sure getting kicked out or is that just a possibility they said could happen?

8. #8 Stoopid Toker, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009
    nearly the exact same thing happened to me last semester, and i know of at least 10 other people that have been caught with weed in their dorm room.

As a fellow South Eastern Conference student, i think you will be alright. Have you been to some sort of judicial thing with your school yet?

When it happened to me, there were a lot of empty threats to get me "back on the right path" and stuff like that. All of us that got caught (different friends on different occasions, all in dorms smoking weed) got put on probation with the university, and on housing probation. We also had to go to some stupid classes or take counseling. And we had to do random drug tests for a specific amount of time (i got 1 semester, my friend got 1 year ((i had a 4.0 and he had a 1.7, being the only main difference i think)).

So unless you have officially been kicked out, have some hope, cause it probably wont be that bad.

EDIT: oh yea, if this is your first thing then your state probably has a program that will divert you from the criminal system. I.E. you will be on some sort of probation and take drug tests and maybe community service or classes, and upon successful completion of the program it will be expunged.

9. lmao, you earned a +rep for the quote of the day for suuure lol.

10. nah it aint bout to be no ticket in louisiana i got popped with a roach out there and they took me directly to jail. did not pass go and did not collect 200 dollars. nah i feels for you man. get you sum money an an apartment like dude said up here^.
    oh by the way my boyz the gators straight killed you guyz:D

p.s. not really but sorta.

11. Well when I got taken to the Campus Police Department, they told me that my consequences all depend on what happens when I talk to the Dean of Students. I don't have that high of a GPA right now but its getting there. I think that I am definitely getting kicked out of the dorm. At most I think I have 6 months on state probation and 2 years school probation. Then I have to pay the $600 misdemeanor fee and a $1500 dollar fee for breaking the contract with my dorm. I think that is enough punishment considering I had less than a gram on me. I was polite and cooperative with the officers(even though they were about as smart as a pile of rocks) and they told me since I was polite and everything I would get off with the least amount of punishments. But still, $1500!?!?!?! I have to use all of my graduation money in my savings account and get a job over Christmas break. Not mention I wont be able to blaze for 6 months. Seriously, what have I done wrong? I study hard, do my best in school, I don't do anything wrong, and I mean I have never stolen anything as small as a candy bar. I just think that this punishment is a little outrageous.

Thanks for all your help though, and LSU football really isn't what it was last year or the year before. Gators are going to take it all haha. Obviously you can tell I am less supportive of LSU sports now :mad:

12. Man thats a bummer bro, But you know, the shit IS illegal, so I mean, if you get caught you gotta take what comes with it.

As for the Gator, you KNOW them boys roll over everyone! Come around and get CHOMPED!

13. hope it works out for ya man, good luck. idk what kinda terms youre on with your ra and teachers but if theyre good then maybe see if you could get some sorta reference.

when i got caught in my dorm the resident hall director wasnt actually pissed at me or anything or against bud, she just had to enforce the rules. she said it was a shame its illegal. im pretty sure she talked to my ra too, and he never had any problems with me, he liked the bud id always have :D

14. thanks man, I haven't really talked to my RAs because obviously a couple of them are douchebags. But I have always been on good terms with pretty much everyone I know. I just don't see why shit like this happens to a guy like me. My family has no money, I have no money, so basically when I tell my mom she is going to flip. Fuck all the RA's that think they are doing good by snitching on people who smoke. If I ever see the girl that ratted me out, I probably will ruin her life (not really but I want to soooo bad).

15. i mean yeah she did screw u up but u did do something illegal.

its like parking in a handicapp parking spot and leaving ur car their man, no matter what ur gonna get a ticket...stoned:smoke:

but anyway, im not gonna blast u and say that u should of just walked on campus, or u shouldn't of been keeping a vape in ur room or all that garbage. I know at this time that u probably have run those thoughts through your mind multiple times.

The only thing u can try to do is clean up for ur dates and just try and explain ur situation to them. Its possible that they might take it a little easier and if u just explain that u can't reach ur parents they should go easier on u.....

i hope that makes sense lol

16. Ok first off, did you really think no one would ever smell you toking up in your dorm? Even with a vape, the smell is going to be intense and hard to keep down. That's just facts, when something burns, it's going to smell everywhere. You can't even hide the smell outside, let alone in a little dorm room.

Second, no Obama hasn't legalized weed but do you really expect any legitimate president to just straight up say "Ok, this thing that's been illegal for so many years is all of a sudden completely legal and it's all good." If you knew the amount of work it takes a President to pass things through congress, you would know that it's not just going to happen right off the bat. You sound like all the other assholes who think Obama can fix this screwed up nation in a matter of months. If I'm not mistaken, Obama is trying his best to work for our side. I'm pretty sure he doesn't believe in sending so many of us to prison and his views on medical marijuana are good too.

We've all fucked up. We just have to learn from our mistakes. Good luck though man.

17. well, I though I was being safe with the vape and everything because kids on my floor smoke pipe bowls in their rooms because our RA doesn't care. So that's why I think it's fucked up that another RA reported it and that other people haven't gotten caught. And I wasn't smoking when I got reported, it was the weed I had. But still, I think the whole situation is bullshit.

And for Obama, haha I know that he is trying to do his best but I think that every one of our presidents could do a lot better. Im not saying Obama is a bad president, I just think that he is no better than anyone we've had before. And for being a liberal and everything I thought he would have been at least supportive of legalizing marijuana. Then again I don't know what would happen if he did, I am sure he looked into what would happen and thought it would be better to keep it illegal.

Yeah, it's been a rough couple of days so I have been really negative about everything. Hopefully all does work out though.

18. Every fucking day there is a new story about someone getting caught in school! GC will tell you again and again DO NOT SMOKE AT SCHOOL, go for a walk or go with out!