Can someone give me some advice on blogging?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Venomous Puffer, Jul 12, 2010.

1. I created a blog for my website on July 3rd, and since creation I have had no visitors to the blog. I understand that this was recent, but I resubmitted my site map to google to include my blog and yet it still isnt showing up on google. I have only written 1 article about the UFC, and I copied a direct quote from it and pasted it into google and put it in quotes and it came up with no hits.

I used wordpress to create the blog. I know nothing about blogging and i was hoping it would just show up in google like my website did. What am i doing wrong? Is it because it isn't an html page? Cause the address is http://www.madpandastore.com/blog/ where as most of my other pages end in .html this just ends in a slash...is that the problem? That is probably a stupid question lol. Someone please help a blogging newbie im lost here lol.

2. Nope it is HTML well not really but the script your using changes the .htaccess (or something similar) to change the extensions to .html. Google takes time to index and what picks your site up is constant updates. The more updates you put up the higher you will be.

Also find your core keywords, the ones that best describe your site and which people would enter into google to look for you and when you write your articals try and use them around.

Hope this helps

3. Go to forums or sites that relate to your topic, comment on other peoples posts and leave your blog URL as your signature.