Can someone explain this?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SoloG97, Aug 8, 2017.

1. So earlier I was thinking all these pre flowers where male seed pods or female calyx. Now they are growing leaves out of them.. wtf is that about? Just genetics? Or something different?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Where??

All I'm seeing is male pollen sacks

IMG_4070.PNG

J

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Defo males

4. [​IMG]

That is a leaf growing out of that (pollen sack) mind u it's already flowering pistils..

5. I don't believe it's a leaf at all.

J

6. Lol. I'm telling you bro. It's def a leaf coming out of there. Jagged edges and everything...

7. Time will tell lol!

8. Kill it with fire, it's a male

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. thats definitely not a leaf... i just had the same problem with 2 of my plants... totally screwed me on that i was trying to do the same and let it play out hopefully to see female flowers... but they definitely males bro

• Like Like x 1
  10. So then it's a hermie? B2cause it's also growing a ton of female flowers too

11. thats interesting maybe you lucked out more then i did and they actually are females... but that pic totally looks like a pollen sack... you may have a hermie on your hands im no expert but that sounds like it based off what you said and the picture

lowkey i wouldve accepted a hermie with the last plants i had as they were a good strain i wouldve sacrificed the time for some seeds of them :[

12. Ok. So how long before they start producing pollen? And should i throw it out before it fucks with my other plant?

13. [​IMG][​IMG]

14. im not 100% sure when they start producing and releasing the pollen... but i think youll be fine giving it another few days so you can verify.. i did i waited until i was 100% sure they were males but i also didnt have other plants for them to pollinate lol. i trashed them and started about 12 new ones...

i do see the hairs you were talking about though if i were you id give the plants a few more days to make sure before you just tear them out.. looked like it might of just been a fat calyx! my males had absolutely no hairs and tons of pollen saks after about 4-5 days from when i noticed them

• Like Like x 1
  15. [​IMG][​IMG]

Ok so woke up. And turned the lights on. And the very same thing I thought was a seed pod now have some pistils coming out of it... so what does this look like??

16. Looks like a female to me! As long as you don't see the seed pods stacking on top of each other, and you see pistils coming out, I think you're good!

• Like Like x 1
  17. But don't you think it's quite strange how it is looking??

18. Definitely is strange looking! I'd just keep an eye out for pollen sacs still but you've got lots of pistils

19. I agree its lookin weird lol definitely got the pistils bro so that's a female... although that pod lookin one is a trip.... maybe look up some hermaphrodite plants and compare bro ill try and do the same once im home cuz it could be a hermie lol.. never had one before not yet atleast! if it's a good strain and you don't mind fuck it get some seeds!!!!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Unusual for sure.

J