Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can someone explain the THC boiling points? I'm confused.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by azned, Jul 31, 2016.

1. #1 azned, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    It says THC has a boiling point of 157C. What does this exactly mean? Does this mean if i put my oven on 157C, I would be extracting the most "Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol "? I'm trying to extract the most THC (psychoactive compounds) and less of CBD (sedative and medical effects) in my edibles if that is possible.

Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
    Boiling point:157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
    Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
    Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
    Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

Δ-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ-8-THC)
    Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Resembles Δ-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
    Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
    Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

2. "It says THC has a boiling point of 157C. What does this exactly mean? Does this mean if i put my oven on 157C, I would be extracting the most "Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol "
    It means exactly what it says ."THC has a boiling point of 157C.
    Yes , It means if you put your cannabis at 157 C the THC would boil away (boiling point) and only the THC would boil away because the other chemicals require a higher boiling point temp
    My question is how are you going to catch that boiling THC ?

3. Firecrackers haha.