Can someone explain prop 64 in California

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by pablown209, Aug 8, 2016.

1. can someone please explain prop 64 & how it will affect prop 215? (medical marijuana in California) I have epilepsy & I am 19, will this affect me?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yes. I believe you will have to be 21 and it will be alot harder to get a doctor to sign off!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Click link below to read AUMA / Prop 64 pdf 3. Dennis Peron says Vote #NoOn64 #NoOnAUMA

• Like Like x 1
  4. All i know is vote no on auma and yes for cchi. If auma passes im packin and moving, and ive lived here for 22 years.

• Like Like x 1
  5. But I've my medical marijuana card for almost 2 years for epilepsy & I read somewhere that you can still use medical marijuana younger than 21 because isn't there a difference between medical & recreational marijuana.

6. There is no reason to vote no on this, Prop 215 will be the way it is now under MMRSA (that is not changing), and everyone gets to grow 6 plants and keep all the weight. That means if you have 10 pounds from your grow you can keep 10 pounds. There will still be medical grows.

Given the current political climate it is a liberal utopia wet-dream at this point to think something like CCHI will pass anytime soon.

I don't think it's the smartest thing to keep voting no on something to wait for the "better" things that never seem to gather much support or funding.

7. Does it matter now? the DEA said it wasn't gonna change lol

8. The ruling never mattered to begin with, even if they moved it to Schedule II, it's a political stunt like I explained in another thread earlier. It should have no bearing on the way you vote. Basically nothing has changed and the DEA practically never enforces federal law on patients anymore, rarely smaller providers, and not often bigger providers. They are too busy dealing with the people destroying national forests.

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 zmessengerz, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016

10. I know I talk bad about CCHI, but I do think the idea of the law is good.

I just think the idea is far too ahead of its time.

I also think whomever is managing the campaign is doing so absolutely poorly. Their instagram mixes in their very specific political ideologies that have absolutely nothing to do with pot. You can have these opinions, but they have nothing to do with a campaign.

They never gather any significant funding or signatures and make themselves appear that they're capable in this fight against opposing big money like Project SAM and others funding anti-legalization campaigns. They would absolutely get crushed financially, it is already hard for the big players currently to fight these guys off.

The reality is that in current time if everyone were to have 99 plants growing in their house at any time it would turn this state into a criminal drug export state. This sounds controversial, but it's not. Most states are illegal with prices much higher than California. Drug dealers would come here to grow and ship it out to make a quick buck from everywhere. They would be protected under California law too because it would make it a misdemeanor to "discriminate" against them in the CCHI law.

We already have a problem as nice as some of the Prop 215 freedoms are, because no regulations, of drug dealers flooding this state.

It sounds good on paper, but it's beyond unrealistic in the current time. The CCHI or something similar can be the California standard when the states make it legal and the feds make it genuinely federally legal.

Until then you can pull off heavy weight with 6 plants and unlimited possession, and potentially higher limits for medical grows.

Cities and counties can ban commercial growing and dispensaries, just like they can ban any other types of businesses, but if they do they miss out on the tax revenue in the AUMA.

The fact that we can grow will always keep prices a bit lower by force. If the taxes are too high and people keep buying black market and not enough buy from the rec stores, they'll lower the tax rate until most people are okay with it like they did in Washington State.

No 5 ng / DUI (though they fund the state to develop a "scientific" DUI protocol through the taxes) and no ban on growing like Washington State's law.

The MMRSA isn't going away either.

So I honestly can't see any logical reason why someone wouldn't vote "yes" on this at this given point in time.

11. #11 zmessengerz, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

12. Massive Marijuana Grow Busted Near Livermore, 10 Arrested

Yes, there are a bunch of drug dealers here and I'm glad to see ones like these going to jail.

There are plenty of people coming to this state everywhere who aren't from here and abusing the laws so they can grow dope here and ship it out, make quick cash, and destroy the environment; no matter what hippie nonsense anybody would like to believe. They don't care about quality either.

That's why we need a good law to get these parasites out.

13. #13 zmessengerz, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

14. Most of what you said is full of misinterpretations and misquotes of what I was saying, so I didn't bother to reply back.

15. I encourage all of the California Cannabis supporters to vote NO on prop 64!!!

This legislation will ruin the cannabis industry as we know it, allowing only those with millions of dollars to invest to take part legally. None of the tax money will go to K-12 schools, state infrastructure, or the general fund and a huge portion of taxes will go to California Highway patrol, research on DUIs and detection technology, and driving limits, drug education, rehab programs... pretty much the major recipients of tax money will be the ones that have persecuted cannabis users for years... none of the fancy little summaries explain this...

Prop 64 gives too much power to local city and county governments, and about 95% of California cities have now banned any commercial cannabis business, dispensaries, deliveries, everything!

Prop 64 will allow you to grow 6 plants, but also allows cities, such as San Clemente can require you to purchase a license to grow your 6 plants... ???what?? so we vote to make it legal, and now we have to pay our city, put our name on a list? who can access this information? your insurance, Child protective services, home loan financing companies, banks, jobs??? its not written into legislation on where that information goes if your required to get a city permit for your LEGAL 6 plants...

Prop 64 will require medical users to go to a primary care physician to get their medical license, but there is no protection for the doctors... how many doctors will prescribe cannabis when they are required by law to only prescribe FDA approved medications... hmmm sounds like BS to me, how many doctors are really going to risk giving everything up to prescribe cannabis with no protections?

Prop 64 will require medical patients to register with the state... so now your information is in a government database.. Yep, no 2nd amendment for you, also the legislation states that you will be notified if someone requests your MMJ information, but there is no provisions written that you can deny the request...

With the passing of MMRSA early in 2016, and now MCRSA, approximately 95% of the California cities have banned all commercial cannabis business, and many cities, especially in socal have banned even medical growing. So now there are only about 10-15 cities out of 490 something cities in California allowing for commercial cultivation permits... and these cities only have small zones allowing it... therefore the little bit of real estate that is in these cities, in these zones has skyrocketed in price, I mean millions of dollars for an acre? so who can afford to even get into the business??? only millionaires, established brands, big corporate money...YUP!

Prop 64 will allow cities and counties to BAN outdoor growing, forcing those with land to bring their grows indoors, not only cutting down on the size they can grow and limited by plant counts, but also will put even more stress on our electrical grid and raise the carbon footprint.

Prop 64 does away with the ability to give promotional "free" products away... no more First time patient deals, no more going to trade shows or cannabis cups and getting free seeds, or products...

Prop 64 offers no protection against CPS taking away your kids.

Prop 64 in many ways stiffens the penalties, and still includes offenses that will result in heavy fines, drug programs and even prison time.

Prop 64 now requires all "legal" cannabis businesses to obtain a license... but there is no mention of costs of these licenses yet... so what happens when they say, oh you want a 22,000 foot warehouse... well that will cost you $100,000 per year.. plus the tax per square foot of your canopy..

Prop 64 also will control pricing to make sure that businesses can not undercut each other...which is great for large cultivation facilities who can operate and produce product at extremely cheap prices... but how with the small guys, or the medium size growers do? how will they profit trying to keep up with large scale production operating with much more profit?

Prop 64 requires superior record keeping, seed to sale tracking, and also if you are a license holder, guess what, your 4th amendment also gets removed, as being a licensed cannabusiness allows for government inspections anytime without notice during normal business hours, records can be inspected, and pretty much if 1 record is misplaced or improperly logged, huge tens of thousands of dollars fines you will be slapped with...

The cost of cannabis will go up, as not only a 15% state tax is slapped on, but almost $10 per oz on top of that, plus allows for local cities and counties to add their own tax... therefore that $60 1/8 now may cost $70-84 or more. Eventually the prices will come down slightly.. but who is going to buy cannabis legally if black market is cheaper... same thing that is going on in Colorado, and its hurting the legit businesses as they have to pay such high taxes, payrolls, leases..etc...

Prop 64 limits personal grows to 6 plants per household...not per person..

Prop 64 contradicts itself withing the text, in some places saying its legal to possess 8 grams of concentrate, and in other sections saying only 4 grams.

Prop 64 will require anyone over 18 who is caught with over an ounce or 4 grams of concentrate, will receive either or both a $500 fine and/or up to 6 months in jail (this is legalization?)

Prop 64 will include penalties of up to 6 months in jail, and/or $500 fine for growing over 6 plants.

Overall Prop 64 will be ONLY good for big money corporations, investors, and tax recipients, but will not be good for small business, patients, the public or anyone else... VOTE NO on PROP 64!!!!

• Like Like x 2

16. Not exactly correct, not "everyone" gets to grow 6 plants... that is per household... not per person.

Also with giving the local cities and counties abilities to regulate... they can flat out ban outdoor cultivation... which has already happened in most california cities... even if you own 5 acres... if the city or county decides nope.. well then you are stuck with small indoor plants vs the outdoor trees you could grow under Prop 215.

Also, the passing of AUMA allows for cities to require you to purchase a license to grow your "legal 6 plants" if they want to... so you pass this law, and still have to register with your city, get a permit just to do what the law says you can.. San Clemente and a few other cities have already written ordinances for this... they want their cut too! and who gets your permit information, and how is it protected under AUMA? your doctors? your medical insurance provider? the DMV? Federal agents? Loan and Mortgage companies? Child protective services? Nothing is written into AUMA saying this wont happen.

17. Keep voting No! till you gain 100% Legalization and no Fascist control from the State.

• Like Like x 2
  18. I'm Humboldt county many are voting no because it will greatly affect this area. Mainly the hippies and very old school growers.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Legalization shouldn't be a punishment to current growers in California; or a mechanism to FINE them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. If California must be denied the tax dollars which would come from legalized marijuana so be it.

Trust me on this one... they are only considering Legalization because of the money.

• Like Like x 1