Can someone diagnose my plants?? Help!!!!! [pics]

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smokedawFL, May 19, 2009.

1. #1 smokedawFL, May 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2009
    Hey guys,

about a week ago i put up some pics of my plants (they are Skunk x Haze), they were really small but they have now grown quite a bit. Anyways, problem is, they have this weird spots all over them... have not found any useful info on the internet. I appreciate any type of help. Please save my babies!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was running 6 CFLs 6500k each 24/0 for two weeks until today. Just switched to a 400W HPS system today this morning and they'll be going on a 12/12 cycle from here on out. Have not overwatered at all... probably underwatered most likely. Have not fed any nutes or anything like that. I let the water sit for 24 hrs to evaporate chlorine... soil pH is around 6.7. Constant temperatures of 75-80 degrees and 60-70% humidity throughout the day.

There are no spider mites or any other insects that could cause this around. I try to keep the room pretty clean and make sure no pests get in.

2. Well, I'm no expert but from what I've gathered, any of the following things could be a factor.

PH - From what I understand, MJ thrives between 6.2 and 6.5, it might not be acidic enough in this case.

Nutrient Deficiency - You said you didn't give them nutes, if they've never been given any their supply may be running low. Depending on how the roots spread they may find more as they grow(which as I understand they would if this were the case) or they may need something that the soil doesn't have ample amounts of.

Water? - Depending on the sort of water it might have other dissolved minerals and such present. Distilled and purified are ideal.

Air Circulation? - Might be kinda low on CO2 and sometimes soil can get low on O2.

Second opinion anyone? :)

3. dissolve nuts. in water and using a spray bottle. spray the solution directly onto the foilge

4. Looks like over-fertilization, but since you say you haven't added any nutes, we'll scratch that theory. The only other symptom that looks like that is a Ph issue. Make sure the water you add is Ph balanced before putting it in, that will help stabilize your problem. A shot of 1/3 strength nutes wouldn't hurt either.

5. I was using that seed starter mix from miracle gro, plus perlite and peat moss. I couldn't find the fox farm anywhere where i live right now. I'm gonna run to the lowes and see what i can find from now on... i'm gonna start watering with dilluted water from now on as well.

any more ideas, please put them up. Thanks boys!!!

6. It's probably a deficiency of some sort if they haven't seen any nutes at all yet. Find the nearest local hydroponic store and pick up some decent nutes and soil for when they are ready to transplant. Fox Farm makes good shit.

7. Well, this is what ive done so far:

Took 1 of the 4 plants as my base to see if she gets better or not. Just changed her soil to the jungle growth potting mix. I'll wait until tomorrow if she's gotten any better with that.

I also picked up a schultz 10-15-10 plant food. That was the better one i was able to find around here.... i guess i'll wait til tomorrow morning to use it on that plant and see how she does from there on...

8. Throw some coffee grounds in the pot.

9. if you're going for A soil grow i believe it is worth going on the mission of finding fox farm ocean forest if you live in FL then there are plenty of hydroponic stores that arent too far or are well worth the trip ;) its no fun getting miracle grow organic and getting a fungus gnat infestation in the grow room plus ive found much better growth in the same time frame as if planted in something of lesser quality.. i mix1 part vermiculite 1 part perlite and 3 parts ffof and then start them on grow big 1 tablespoon per gallon in the third week from planting, and it has been working very well .. just a little friendly advice, sunshine hydroponics is where i go:wave:

10. i see you said mg seed starter mix iinstead of mg organic my bad just a quick edit lol:smoke:

11. That's a good plan.....the Schultz fertilizer is a pretty good product, I used it on my very first grow. Start out at 1/2 strength. Just remember that things don't change overnight, it may take a week or more to see any positive signs of change. This is where having patience really helps. Good luck!!