Can someone answer a few Fluorescent questions?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dogma1102, Apr 24, 2018.

1. I searched the forum all over but didn't find the last few answers I needed. I'm looking at T5 HO 4 foot 8 bulbs. I wanted to get two 4 bulbs, but the 8 bulb is a lot cheaper. Anyhow, Can I use the cool white and the blue bulbs together? The light I'm looking at comes with 8 6500k bulbs. I take it that's for veg? I figured I could just buy two of the 3200k or 2400k bulbs and add them when it comes to flowering. the bulbs are 54 watts per one. The only brand I've looked at is Sun Blaze. Seems to be a well-known brand. Any info would be great! I'd love to go cheaper but at $209.00 doesn't seem you can beat that price for the watts, plus little to no heat.

2. i have brought plants from seed to flower with the same florescent bulbs the entire grow life, it may have done better with changing light spectrum throughout the lifespan but it can be done seed to flower with the same bulbs

hell when i was younger i got a small ass plant to bud in my closet with a 100W incandescent light bulb

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sounds like you are getting good yields? can you suggest any brands? watts? What size area are you covering?